Loving Lately - Jo Malone, Nars Audacious, Dior Star

25 January 2015

Loving Lately - Jo Malone, Nars Audacious, Dior Star

I haven't done a monthly favourites post in what feels like an eternity but it's still a bit too early in the month so I thought I would do a little post on what I'm loving lately. 

These 3 products have been floating my boat...




Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt - I've been wearing this perfume constantly since buying it a few months ago. It's a great layering scent and works with just about anything because it's so fresh and non-offensive. It's kind of a neutral scent if that makes any sense? I can't see it clashing with anything as it just smells so pure and clean. My favourite combination is JM Wood Sage & Sea Salt paired with JM Peony & Blush Suede. Props to Laura from buynowbloglater for giving me the inspiration.

Nars Audacious Lipstick in Brigitte - This has become my everyday lipstick since receiving it as a Christmas present. Described by Nars as a "nude rose" which is not necessarily correct in my opinion - it's certainly a rose shade but it is not nude at all. Brigitte is more of a medium pink with a hint of coral that is so easy to wear. I would imagine this would suit and flatter a really wide range of skin tones. I also really love the formula of the Audacious line. They are so highly pigmented and go on so smoothly. They feel lovely and hydrating too. Really recommend checking them out. 

Dior Star Foundation - When I first started using this I just couldn't make my mind up about it. Some days it looked great, other days not so great. I guess I just wasn't bowled over by it so soon enough it made its way to the foundation drawer of doom and was forgotten about. Fast forward a few months to the beginning of January and I retrieved it from the foundation drawer just to give it another try. I'm not sure how or why but I totally fell in love with it. I think the key with this foundation is to apply it to freshly moisturised skin. It doesn't look so great if you apply it when your moisturiser has already sunk in for some reason. To sum it up, Dior Star photographs really well, looks fresh and radiant on the skin and provides a nice medium coverage.


Lydia xox


No comments:

Post a Comment