2014 Beauty Favourites

28 December 2014

2014 Beauty Favourites

Compiling my 2014 beauty favourites was quite the task; I have tried and loved so many new beauty products this year. I have also rediscovered old favourites that are now used again regularly. How could I pick?!

After much debating I have managed to whittle my favourites down to the following 8 wonderful products....




Kiehl's Midnight Recover Concentrate

This little bottle of goodness is now my new holy grail skincare product. I bought my bottle back in February and was bowled over by how much of a difference it made to my skin on first use. I apply 3 pumps from the pipet to my face every other night and when I wake up in the morning my skin is noticeably improved. When my skin has dry patches it balances my skin and sorts the dry patches out. When I have blemishes it also significantly reduces them. I can't sing its praises enough. If you're on the fence about this product I say go for it!


Dior Creme De Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm

This heavenly pot of rose scented lip balm makes me so happy each time I use it. Not too heavy or thick in consistency but amply nourishes the lips with a slight tint of pale pink colour. I have never loved a lip balm so much; bittersweet really because this product is now discontinued. Dior, you are so not in my good books. Please hear the voice of us beauty bloggers and bring Creme De Rose back!


MAC Patisserie Lipstick

Ahh Patisserie, you are the epitome of a 'my lips but better' lipstick. It rarely leaves my handbag and is swiped on my lips on a regular basis. Part of the Lustre formula line, this lipstick is very glossy and feel hydrating on the lips. If you're looking for an easy to wear, non-fussy lipstick then check out Patisserie.


Essie Russian Roulette

Red nails are my thing; it's just what I like. But how many red nail polishes can one person own? A lot, let me tell you! The one that really stood out for me this year was Essie's Russian Roulette. It's a bright red-orange colour that compliments pale and tanned skin alike. It is also very classic looking, so it's hard to go wrong with this. I love how creamy and opaque it is. Looks good with one coat, looks fantastic with two. As with all Essie nail polishes; it applies like a dream and lasts for ages (for me at least!). 

MAC Mineralize Blush in 'Petal Power'

I'm still a fan of obnoxiously shimmery blushers. A matte blusher? No, not for me sorry. I like my cheeks to have sheen! My shimmery blush of choice this year was definitely Petal Power. MAC describes this shade as a coral pink with gold shimmer - spot on in my opinion. It has a luminous glow on the cheeks with a gorgeous golden peach pink finish. Similar to Nars Orgasm and Benefit Coralista (both old favourites of mine) but just so much prettier. 


Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede Cologne

I had this perfume for Christmas last year and have worn it consistently throughout 2014. I always receive lots of compliments when I wear this and I think it is a general crowd pleaser. Let's just say you aren't going to offend anyone if you spray a hefty amount before leaving the house. It is a gorgeous, girly fragrance that isn't sickly sweet or overbearingly floral. It's very much a sophisticated, feminine scent. A repurchase for me in the new year for sure!


Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF15

This was probably the hardest product for me to pick. I'm a foundation junkie, ever on the hunt for that perfect one. Having thought about it recently in anticipation of this blog post, I realised I wore Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation more than any other foundation this year. When I'm in a rush I reach for this without thinking. When I travel, I tend to take this because it does well with my skin whatever condition its in (be it dry patches or an oily mess). I've actually come to the end of my bottle and plan to repurchase ASAP. 

Urban Decay Naked Palette

The original and the best in my books. I always gravitate towards this palette; whether it is for minimal weekend make-up or an evening out. For me, this palette covers all bases. I love Naked and Buck for a matte, neutral eye and also for using in the crease with any kind of look. I wear Sin on a regular basis (I've hit pan, sob!) and also love Half Baked for daytime and nighttime alike. Half Baked and Darkhorse are my ultimate gold smokey eye duo. 


On a side note, hopefully I'll be blogging a lot more in 2015. I have a laptop again now which makes blogging a million times easier! Please let me know of any requests in a comment, via Twitter or drop me an email if that's what you prefer. 


Lydia xox



No comments:

Post a Comment