Chanel Vitalumière Aqua: Holy Grail?

11 October 2014

Chanel Vitalumière Aqua: Holy Grail?

I'm very fickle when it comes to foundations; I have a drawer filled with them and often flit between different ones. I'm a true foundation junkie. Any new launches and I'm all over them! I guess I'm just looking for 'the one'. That HG foundation we all desire. But this morning it occurred to me I had quite possibly already found it...






Chanel Vitalumière Aqua, I'm talking about you. As I applied my makeup this morning I squeezed out the last drop of my current bottle of Vitalumière Aqua and panicked (yep, first world problems right here!) so I head straight to Debenhams to repurchase. That's when I realised that this is quite possibly my all time favourite foundation. I just can't be without it!

For starters, on packaging alone it is near on perfect in my opinion. A squeezy bottle that does not seem to waste any product. It's teeny tiny small and compact so great for traveling. It's also really light in weight so if you're the kind of person who carries all their makeup with them then this is great, it won't weigh your handbag down at all. The only negative would be the opaque bottle - you can't tell when it will run out!

In terms of the product itself (which is essentially the most important thing of course!), I also think it is near on perfect. It's very light in texture but provides a decent coverage - I would say a medium but this does layer well too. It doesn't fully cover my imperfections but it's nothing a bit of concealer can't fix. The finish is very natural; it's not matte and it's not luminous. I agree with Chanel when they say this foundation is like applying a second layer of skin. In terms of longevity, it's fairly decent considering I have an oily t-zone anyway. I never touch my foundation up (I only carry lip products in my bag!) and I wear this foundation most days to work so I can confidently say it lasts a strong 10 hours, however my skin is definitely more luminous (ahem, a shiny discoball!) by home time but I'm ok with that. 

Chanel Vitalumière Aqua currently retails for £33. 

Lydia xox







No comments:

Post a Comment