Warm Weather Essentials

13 July 2013

Warm Weather Essentials

Blogging two days in a row? God, I really have found my blogging mojo! 

I've not long come indoors after spending yet another lovely afternoon in the garden basking in this gorgeous weather we are having in the UK at the moment. I came inside and took a shower to cool down and then applied my favourite light body lotion - The Body Shop Coconut Milk Body Lotion. I really love this stuff, it is very thin in consistency and I would definitely describe it as a milk rather than a lotion. 

Why I love it? It sinks in strait away, feels adequately moisturising, smells absolutely gorgeous and leaves the skin with a lovely sheen. Perfect for warmer weather and balmy nights! 


It should be a given that my other essentials are sunscreen. I would much rather be a paley-face than burn to a crisp. Even in the UK I always wear SPF30. I used to wear lower and I could still get away with it now but I feel better knowing my skin is fully protected. 

My favourites are Piz Buin 1 Day Long SPF30 for the body and La Roche Posay Anthelios AC SPF30 for the face. 

The Piz Buin does what it says on the tin which is just brilliant and so convenient. 

The La Roche Posay is great both under make-up or alone but it does give a slight white cast. It is great for oily skin as it isn't greasy at all and it is very thin in consistency. It doesn't feel like I am wearing sunscreen at all really - would really recommend! 


Other essentials include ice cold water, a face mist and a good book! 

What about you guys? 

Lydia xox

3 comments:

  1. Mmm I LOVE coconut scented lotions and potions! Just remind me of summer!

    Daisy x
    www.cupcakesandcherries.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Piz Buin is a favourite of mine too! The coconut body lotion sounds good as I quite often don't want to put on heavy moisturiser in this weather! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That coconut lotion sounds UH-MAZING! Might have to pick it up! x

    ReplyDelete