April 2013 Beauty Favourites

28 April 2013

April 2013 Beauty Favourites

For the first time ever I actually don't want to say the predictable bloggers line "how fast has this month gone?!" Honestly, this month has absolutely dragged for me. Any month that has 5 Mondays in it is enough to make me sad. 

Despite the long month, I have really been enjoying some beauty products and so I guess I should share them all with you...




Laura Mercier Body Souffle in Ambre Vanille - I got this small jar in a set of 4 in the Christmas sales and have slowly been working my way through each jar. I have to say that Ambre Vanille is my absolute favourite and a cut above all of the other scents in my opinion! It smells delicious, very sweet but not sickly sweet. Texture wise, this is so silky and luxurious - a real treat to apply after a bath. I also love that it absorbs in to the skin very quickly, leaving your skin with a velvet feel. I am totally buying this in full size, despite the shocking price tag!

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation - I have had a love/hate relationship with this foundation since the very start. The fact that I am half way through my second bottle must surely show it can't be all that bad though hey?! I am currently going through a love phase with this and have gravitated towards using it this month more than usual. It is lovely and light with decent coverage, definitely a foundation for better skin days.

Dior DiorShow Maximiser Lash Serum - I was a bit skeptical about this product to begin with but after hearing so many people rave about it I couldn't ignore it any longer. I bought this tube back in March and I've been hooked since the first application! It really plumps up your lashes and makes any mascara work well. I have found it also really helps your lashes hold a curl, which for me gives it big bonus points.

Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in Lovesick - It's no secret that I love a hot pink lip but I rarely wear one in the day because I don't have time to re-apply and I always worry about smudging. Well, that was until I bought the Revlon Balm Stain in Lovesick. It stays put on my lips for hours, doesn't smudge and feels very hydrating on the lips. I have been rocking a hot pink lip for almost 2 weeks straight now! 

Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil - I'm not sure this is the all time best cuticle oil out there (I've long been loyal to the Nails Inc cuticle oil pen) but it is a good price for a good amount of product. I have been brushing this on to my cuticles then massaging it in every other night just before bed for the past month and I've barely made a dent in it! 


What have you guys been loving in April?

Lydia xox

6 comments:

  1. I love the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation- I am getting to the end of it and thinking 'nooooo' as know I will have to buy it again! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the balm stains too - they're awesome! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm tempted by the Dior lash serum, but i never actually go through with the purchase!

    And oh god I know, how has April not ended yet?! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the LM Ambre Vanille scent! I have the scrub but will definitely be getting the body cream soon... I've been so curious about the Dior Lash Serum too.. Still not sure about it though

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    Congratulations for your blog! Very interesting information!

    We are a Spanish and an Italian teachers offering lessons in Cardiff city centre. If you are interested in learning Spanish, or you know somebody interested in it, please, contact us in:
    www.cardifflanguages.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been reading a lot of blogs about the Laura Mercier body souffle and I wanted to know if you think it is worth the price?

    P.S I love your blog :) I'm a new reader and I'm already a fan!

    ReplyDelete