February 2013 Favourites

2 March 2013

February 2013 Favourites

Well hello! I have to start off by saying I'm incredibly disappointed in myself. I started blogging back in April 2009 and I don't think I ever missed a monthly favourites until recently. I've made a mental promise to myself to keep up my monthly favourites for the rest of 2013. 

Anyway, let's not dwell on the past hey, here are my February 2013 favourites...




Macadamia Deep Repair Masque - I bought my first tub back in early December and it was love at first use. It smells amazing, makes my hair feel amazing and yes, in general, it is just amazing. It's pretty pricey but considering I pretty much use this for every hair wash (3 times a week) it has lasted well as I only run out of this first tub on Thursday. I have since bought a new tub on Amazon (much cheaper than anywhere else, surprise surprise) and I look forward to carrying on our love affair...

Nars Blusher in Deep Throat  - this is an old favourite I have rediscovered lately and I just can't get enough of it. It's very similar to Benefit Coralista in that it is shimmery and incredibly flattering but this is a bit more pink than coral. I have even got my mum hooked on this - she has requested it as a birthday present!

L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil - I was sucked in to all the blogger hype around this product and finally caved in. I am really enjoying using it, particularly for shaving my legs, but I have to say it doesn't smell of very much (contrary to many reviews?!) which has disappointed me as I'm a huge fan of almond scented products. I decided to stick it in my favourites because it is a nice luxury product that I use on my Sunday pamper sessions, but I'm not entirely sure I'd repurchase.

MAC Lipstick in Speed Dial - another old favourite that I have rediscovered. A lovely pink that isn't too overpowering or too pale. I think I may have worn this to work every day this month! I have also read that it is a Holly Willoughby make-up bag staple, so even more reason to slap it on.

Chanel Chance Eau Tendre Twist Purse Spray - this has been my favourite scent for almost a year now and on pay day last month I decided to invest in the purse spray version. It is so handy to keep in your handbag to freshen up on the go and I love that it comes with 3 refills with 20ml of product, so you get 60ml altogether. You can also buy the refills separately, so it will be cheaper next time too!

Clarins Ever Matte Pressed Powder - I had been using the Laura Mercier loose powder to set my make-up for a few months and decided I needed a pressed compact for touch ups. I promptly ordered the Clarins Ever Matte on a whim and I have been so impressed with it! It is the best pressed powder I've ever used to control my oily t-zone. I powder at 6.30am and I honestly see no shine until around 2pm. It's really impressive and I'm glad that I discovered it accidentally, I will absolutely be repurchasing this for the foreseeable future!

REN Invisible Pores Detox Max  - I go through phases with face masks, sometimes I use them frequently and other times I completely push them aside. Recently I was on a face mask kick so, again, ordered this REN mask on a whim. It is an old school clay formula which leaves my skin feeling really clean and detoxified. It does help a little with my pores too, moreso when paired with my La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo afterwards.


What have you been loving in February? If you have any recommendations let me know!

Lydia xox

6 comments:

  1. Deep Throat looks like a super duper pretty shade xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Lydia my purse is not thanking you for this post, I now need Nars Deep Throat! I'd clean forgotten about Mac Speed Dial too, so thank you for reminding me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love reading monthly faveourite posts :)

    Ahh i love NARS Deep Throat, i might have to dig it out after this post.

    I've never tried the Macadamia stuff, but all i hear is good things about this!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sometimes see those macadamia products in TK Maxx so I will be keeping an eye out for that hair mask as I need a new one! And yes might have to invest in the shower oil xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore the shower oil, I use it everyday, it's amazing at keeping my very dry arms nice and soft :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete