Current Foundation Loves

9 February 2013

Current Foundation Loves

I have a terrible issue with foundation - the issue being that I simply cannot stop buying them because I am constantly on the hunt for something better. Of course, I am rarely completely satisfied with a foundation and as a result keep buying them. I currently own somewhere around the 20 mark - eek!

Lately though I seem to have settled in to a routine with foundation and as a result, I haven't been coveting any others and I certainly haven't bought any new ones either! I thought it was high time that I blogged about these wonderful foundations that appear to have tamed my addiction.

Without further ado, I present to you my weekday foundation and my weekend foundation....





Dior Forever Foundation is my go-to weekday foundation of choice. It's an old favourite of mine and after rediscovering it in early January I can see exactly why I loved it so much. It's a dream for oily skinned gals - long wearing and semi matte. It also offers impressive coverage considering the very light fluid consistency it has. I usually apply 2 pumps of this with my fingers which results in medium-verging-on-full coverage. The finish looks so natural on the skin, but it is quite obvious you are wearing make-up which I think is going to be case with any high coverage foundation.
In terms of staying power - I apply my foundation at 6.30am with a light dusting of translucent powder and I return home at 5.30pm with my foundation still fully intact - a long day indeed and this foundations lives up to all its promises. It does get a little luminous in the t-zone after around 7 hours but I quite like the finish so I don't bother to touch up with some powder.

YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat is my go-to weekend foundation of choice. It's the absolute opposite of Dior Forever, which would be a nightmare for me at work but it's the perfect weekend option for me. I must warn you that it is incredibly light in coverage, very dewy and only lasts around 5 hours before a touch up is needed. I like it though because  it makes my skin look so fresh and healthy, which is a welcome change for me considering that I usually have to wear matte foundations for long days. Being so dewy means that it doesn't last for very long but this is why I love it for the weekend as I usually only nip out for a few hours. It also looks very natural and not too try-hard which again, is perfect for the weekend. I apply two pumps with my fingers and it disappears in to the skin perfectly. I then have to follow up with a heavy duty concealer on any blemishes, but it's worth it for how gorgeous it makes my skin look.


What foundation(s) are you loving right now and why? The inner foundation obsessive in me would love to know.

Lydia xox

3 comments:

  1. The dior forever sounds lovely x

    http://pamperedpout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the second review I've read today on this Dior foundation. You have convinced me that I need to have this, and quite possibly can't live without it!

    www.sonandstar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. TWENTY?! I think I have two, and I hate them both. I may have to indulge in the ol' Dior after this though! xx

    ReplyDelete