2012 Favourites: Make-Up

10 January 2013

2012 Favourites: Make-Up

Hello everyone! It's almost the weekend and I'm in a jolly good mood this evening so I have decided to finally write up the make-up part of my 2012 favourites. 
I have been putting this off for a few days as I just cannot get any good lighting to take photos in, so I apologise in advance for these pink-tinged photos....



Foundation: Jemma Kidd Light As Air is hands down my all time favourite foundation and I would have included it as my sole 2012 favourite foundation if it wasn't now discontinued *weep*. It is a generous medium coverage that has just the right amount of luminosity. The closest thing I have managed to get to HG is the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation which is a wonderful texture, photographs beautifully and has very good coverage.




Concealer: Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage has been brilliant for covering up spots with one tiny dab and Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch has been a god send for my under eye circles - not to mention super cheap!



Blush: This has to be the MAC Mineral Skin Finish in Blonde from this years Naturally collection. I picked this up in London in February after IMATS and I have used it religiously ever since. I sometimes stray and use other blushers, but I always come back to this.



Eyeshadow Palette: Although I bought Naked 2 this year, it is last years UD Naked palette that has won it for me. I found myself reaching for it more and more as the year went on. I love how pigmented UD eyeshadows are, I just wish they didn't have such bad fall out, however I can agree to look over that!



Singular Eyshadow: Stila Kitten is one of the most beautiful eyeshadows I have ever seen. It's incredibly pigmented and looks equally gorgeous as an all over eye colour or an inner corner highlight.



Mascara: Benefit They're Real has just totally blown my mind this year. It is so damn good! It gives me super long lashes and holds a curl well.

Eyeliner: Maybelline Master Precise - the name is pretty self explanatory, this nib is super precise and it makes eyeliner application a dream! Possibly my star product of 2012, it's that good. If you're an eyeliner novice, I'd really recommend you try this one.



Lipstick: 3 lipsticks have been on heavy rotation - Chanel Bonheur, MAC Shy Girl and Revlon Lip Butter in Sweet Tart.

I really struggled to cut down my favourites this year and now that I've written this it doesn't even seem like I had that many for make-up!

Lydia xox

6 comments:

  1. I'm do gutted I missed out on trying light as air!

    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, such a shame :( I recently tweeted Jemma Kidd who got back to me basically saying it's not going to come back :( xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeou selection! They're Real didn't work for me but the Laura Mercier foundation is next on my list to get. Sounds perfect. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah such a shame. Yes it's a good 'un, hope you like it! xx

      Delete
  3. Ilove the Jemma Kidd as light as air foundation - I can't believe they have discontinued them! Also the They're Real mascara is amazing :)
    LaceyLoves x

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab picks! love shy girl too xxx

    ReplyDelete