Bobbi Brown Brightening Finishing Powder

1 December 2012

Bobbi Brown Brightening Finishing Powder

Let me start by saying I'm not the biggest Bobbi Brown fan in the world, I never keep up with their collections, but I am partial to dabbling with a few bits by them. 

I was at my local counter a few weeks ago, and with an hour to kill I decided to let the make up artist do me a 'makeover'. When I first got in to the chair I honestly never imagined I'd be spending £40 (!!!!) on a face powder. But for me, as soon as I saw this product on my face I knew it was love at first sight with this bad boy....



It comes in gorgeous mirror packaging. I think this may be a Christmas collection product? Mostly because I know Bobbi rarely srtays from the classy black packaging.




As you can see up close, the powder consists of 6 different colours and it is evident they look quite shimmery.



Fear not, despite being a shimmering multi-coloured powder (sounds like a car crash description to me!) it applies quite translucent and the shimmer isn't too harsh, it just does what it says on the tin - makes my complexion look brighter.



Above: swatch of all the colours swirled together

What I love most about this product is that I get to feel reassured that I have some sort of oil control without loosing any of the luminosity of my skin. Having oily skin means I usually have to powder my face every day and I hate how flat it can make my skin look - this product is definitely a wonderful solution to that, and I would recommend it to any fellow oily-skinned gals!

Lydia xox 

3 comments:

  1. This looks stunning, the packaging is gorgeous <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a nice change from black!

      Delete
  2. Great tip. I have oily skin, I will definitely try that! Thanks. ;)

    ReplyDelete