My Sunday Beauty Ritual

4 November 2012

My Sunday Beauty Ritual

Wow, has it really been one whole month since I last blogged? I didn't realise it had been so long and now I feel a bit rubbish. My excuse is that I have started a new (much better!) job and I am generally out of the house for 10 hours - when I come home, the last thing I want to do is sit down and blog unfortunately.

Today I wanted to share with you all my Sunday afternoon beauty ritual. I have noticed lately that I am very much in a routine when it comes to Sundays. I think it's because it's the day I have the most time on my hands, so I go all out and pamper myself silly :)



First of all I start off with a bath, usually with a Lush bath bomb or bubble bar of some sort, and I do my weekly body scrub. Lately I am loving the Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub - it smells heavenly and works a treat. 




Once I have hopped out of the bath, I usually smother myself in a body lotion or body butter depending on how dry my skins been feeling. My product of choice this week is The Body Shop's Shea Body Butter - not my particular favourite but incredibly moisturising.




Next up is to get to work on my face. I do my weekly face scrub with the Boots Botanics Radiant Youth Microdermabrasion Polish which is incredibly effective and leaves my skin super soft. I follow this up with the Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask, I only apply a light layer and leave it on all day and night as a heavy duty moisturiser rather than a mask.




At this point I'll give my hair a wash with a clarifying shampoo, usually Unite Weekender, and follow it up with the Matrix Conditioning Balm as my hair masque which I leave on for about 30 minutes.




With the hair masque still on and my hair wrapped up in a towel, I get to work on my nails. This weekend I'm going for matching fingers and toes with OPI Danke-Shiny Red from the OPI Germany Collection.




Finally, I will slather on Soap and Glory Heel Genius foot cream and pop on some socks. At bed time I also give my hands a treat by slathering on The Body Shop's Hemp Hand Protector hand cream. 




I then finish off my evening with a candle lit (Yankee Candle Christmas Eve my current choice!) and snuggling up on the sofa :)




Do you have a Sunday beauty ritual too? Would love to know!


Lydia xox

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job, i love the microdermabrasion polish, it makes my skin look and feel amazing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I would use it every day if I could, but I fear I'd have no skin left at all haha x

      Delete
  2. I really need to try that botanics scrub I have heard so many good things about it. I love the Christmas eve candle! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely but very abrasive - best as a weekly treat! x

      Delete
  3. Nice post, I love it! I love taking time to completely relax and pamper myself on Sunday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a perfect Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete