MAC Springsheen Blusher

15 September 2012

MAC Springsheen Blusher

Today I wanted to share with you all my most recent blusher purchase, MAC Springsheen, which has quickly become one of my favourite blushers out of my collection. 




Springsheen has a 'sheertone shimmer' finish, and whilst I don't think it's very sheer I can definitely notice some shimmer. Don't panic though - it's not shimmer crazy, it just adds a gorgeous sheen to the cheeks. Very similar to Benefit Coralista in my mind.

As for the colour, MAC describes it as a "peach with pearl" - pretty fitting, however I would call it more of a pink coral with a golden sheen to it. Again, very reminiscent to Benefit Coralista. Both blushes give a nice, subtle every day glow which can be amped up for evening wear with a heavier handed application.




I find that it is incredibly pigmented but the sheertone formula stops it from looking too over the top (clown cheeks anyone? no thank you!) - see the one swipe swatch below. It also blends pretty well and manages to stay put all day long, even if my foundation starts to melt off a little.




I have been wearing Springsheen a lot lately and I would highly recommend it. It strikes me as the type of colour that would work well on all skintones. 


Springsheen is in the permanent MAC collection and retails for £17.50. You can purchase it here  from Debenhams where cosmetics are currently 10% off!


Lydia xox

1 comment:

  1. You're right, it's pretty close to Coralista, perhaps with more peach punch than the latter. I mostly buy Benefit for their cute packaging. Such a sucker for that.

    ReplyDelete