Chanel Glossimer #169 Jalousie

31 August 2012

Chanel Glossimer #169 Jalousie

I'm not usually one for lipgloss and after purchasing so many that have gone to waste over the years I made a conscious decision to stop buying them. Well that was until I found myself at the Chanel counter on payday last week and I just knew I had to make the exception!



Jalousie instantly jumped out at me. It is a gorgeous hot raspberry shade. It's undeniably a bright pink but it also has a red undertone to it. I think this shade will be perfect for both a fresh summer look and a more bold winter look.




As you can see from the swatch, it's incredibly pigmented and almost opaque in just one swipe, something which I believe to be incredibly rare with a lipgloss. Whilst Jalousie will look fab over any pink lipstick, this is definitely a gloss that can pack enough punch on its own.




Here is a photo of me wearing it with just one thin layer. I have been wearing this to work a lot lately and find it not to overpowering at all for the office. On a night out I would definitely amp it up though.


I am very happy with my purchase and would recommend you to check it out in store, I definitely think Jalousie is a shade to splurge on if you like hot pink lips.


What do you think of Jalousie? Are you a lipstick or gloss kind of person?

Lydia xox

6 comments:

  1. I have been into red and raspberry lip colors lately, good choice on this one:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I was at the Chanel counter this week and couldn't resist swatching a few glosses and they felt wonderful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful colour, really suits you :)
    Just found your blog, its really lovely!!
    Anna

    http://opshopaholic.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lipglosses and lipsticks and lip tints and lip balms!! Basically, any lip products! Haha!

    Chanel glosses are great though, they're one of my faves. I haven't seen this shade before though, it's gorgeous, might have to be on my shopping list now!

    Hope you're having a great weekend!


    Amelia @ UGLY DUCKLING xxx

    Come say hey at Ducklingtoswan.com! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. how gorgeous are ur lips please? love chanel! xx

    ReplyDelete