Belated July 2012 Favourites

12 August 2012

Belated July 2012 Favourites

Aloha everyone! I have had these photos ready for a July Favourites blog post for quite some time now but l haven't seemed to be able to find the time or drive to actually sit down and put together a blog post. So I am sorry this monthly post is a little late but better late than never I figured.


First up is Kerastase Critalliste Bain Cristal Shampoo (I chose the version for thick long hair as opposed to the fine long hair version if you are interested).  If you have read my blog for some time then you'll know I'm a huge Kerastase fan. What drew me to this product in particular is that it is paraben free, silicon free and colourant free which is wonderful. On top of this, the Cristalliste line has been created for young people with long hair prone to weighed down roots and dry ends - totally my hair type! It claims to remove impurities whilst respecting the hair and to smooth the lengths without weighing it down. I cannot agree more with the description, it totally lives up to the claims and I have thoroughly enjoyed using it. 




I have also been continuing to enjoy using the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum. I have reviewed this product not so long ago so I don't really want to repeat myself too much, but basically I love this product because it deeply hydrates my skin without making it greasy, helps get rid of blemishes in record time and generally helps sort my skin out whether it be dry patches or spots.




MAC Viva Glam V Lipstick has probably been my most worn lipstick in July. It is such an easy nude to wear, perfect for throwing on as I am leaving the house for work. I also like that it requires no mirror for touch ups throughout the day - it's hard to get it wrong because the colour is so natural!




After reading earlier in the month that Katy Perry loves the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer Duo I decided to dig mine out to see if I could fall in love with it; having previously not been so keen. I had originally disliked the concealer because I found it too solid and hard to blend. This time around I totally fell in love with it - repetitive use has made the concealer really creamy and much easier to blend and now I absolutely could not be without this! I would go as far as saying it is my all time favourite. It is very high coverage, non-cakey and super long lasting. I use the shade SC-2.




Next up is the Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24h Eyeshadow in On and On Bronze. I picked this up on a whim in Tesco because it was on offer for £4.99. I didn't realise how much I was going to love it - it is the most perfect taupe with a slight shimmer. It's so easy to whack on in the mornings, I have been wearing it to work almost every day since buying it. I either wear it alone with a flick of black eyeliner or with some MAC Sable eyeshadow blended into the crease and outer V.




Finally, my last July favourite is an oldie but a goodie. After using the Sigma F80 religiously for quite some time now, I decided to try out my Sigma F84 with my foundation instead. I absolutely love the effect it gives, it blends my foundation seamlessly and the fact that it is angled means the tip can get in to smaller places like around my nose and eyes a lot easier than the F80.




Hopefully normal blogging will resume as of this post, I have lots to talk of products to talk about :-)

Lydia xox

No comments:

Post a Comment