Essie Watermelon

4 June 2012

Essie Watermelon

Ever since Boots started selling Essie I have been going absolutely mad for their nail polishes. I seriously can't even take a trip to Boots without ending up at the Essie stand! 

Recently I picked up Essie Watermelon (after much deliberation - so much choice, how to choose?!) and I have been absolutely loving it, so I thought I would blog about it - especially as I haven't ever seen any one else mention it.


This photo is from day 3 of wearing it - has a tiny bit of tip wear sorry! 

Watermelon, as the name would suggest, is a very bright berry pink... much like a watermelon itself! I think it can look red in some lights but it definitely has that touch of pink to it. It is perfect for summer and I have been sporting it in both my fingers and toes. Application was a dream, it was opaque in just one coat but I went with 2 coats anyway. The wear time for this polish was really good - around 4 days until it chipped. I removed it on day 5 which I think is pretty good going, especially as I always chip my nails like the day after applying it! I have to say I am really impressed with these Essie polishes - I never got along with them in the past but the new wide brush definitely makes application a lot more easier. 

I picked up Turquoise and Caicos a few days ago, I will be applying that tonight :-)

Have you got any other Essie suggestions for me? 

Lydia xox 

5 comments:

  1. Lovely shade :) I love Fiji and Cute as a button atm xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no Lydia, I'm such a sucker for these kinds of colours! I'm going to have to put this on the list for next time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving Essie too Lyd, I recommend Sand Tropez for a lovely neutral colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely colour! I never knew Boots sold Essie, can't wait to stock up! xX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that colour it is gorgeous and great for summer! :)
    LaceyLoves

    ReplyDelete