USA Haul May 2012

7 May 2012

USA Haul May 2012

Hi everyone! I'm really excited to share with you all my haul from America today :-) 

I didn't go too crazy because A) I was out there for 5 weeks and had to budget for food etc, and B) because I made a few expensive purchases as opposed to a crap load of cheaper ones! 

So here we go....



I managed to snag this cute Wildfox jumper at 50% off in a cute store at Hermosa Beach, CA on my first day out there. I paid just $54 for it - absolute bargain considering I was originally intending to pay full price for a Wildfox baggy beach jumper at some point on the trip!



Also in Hermosa Beach, I picked up this gorgeous scarf from a cute surfer shop near the beach. There was a whole rack of gorgeous scarves, and seeing as I am a total scarf addict I knew I couldn't leave without buying one! This scarf will now always remind me of my time in LA - I like items with sentiment :-)



Surprisingly, this sheer orange blouse was my only Forever 21 purchase. I find that with F21, I picked up a huge basket full of clothes to try on but the sizing is so weird there that nothing ever really fits right! Plus, now that F21 is much more accessible in the UK, I wasn't that desperate to buy much there.



Of course I had to pick up some Bath and Body Works candles! Possibly my favourite purchases of the trip, I love 'em so freaking much. I went for Island Margarita and Pink Sangria - both delicious scents. They were on offer 2 for $20 too, considering they are usually $19.50 each I just couldn't resist a deal like that! The lovely lady bubble wrapped them for me and I carried them in my hand luggage, so they made it home safe and sound :-)



Also at B&BW I bought some hand sanitizers. The 5 for $5 offer makes it hard to resist! One is missing because it's already half used up in my handbag :P



I picked up this huuuuuge Crest 3D White toothpaste at a drugstore as it is my absolute favourite! It might sound a little lame, but I used this for the whole 3 months I spent working in America back in 2010 and I noticed a visible difference in the whiteness of my teeth. I'm so sad this product isn't available in the UK :(



Another non-UK product I stocked up on was Jergen's Natural Glow. My favourite gradual tanner ever! I get natural, light sunkissed results EVERY time with this! 




I feel like I'm repeating myself here but... yet another non-UK product is Aveeno's Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser. We do get Aveeno in the UK but the Clear Complexion line seems to be US only unfortunately. I have really been enjoying using this - it's brilliant with a Clarisonic as it foams wonderfully.



It took me many Sephora visits to track the Nars Tinted Moisturizer down! The shade Alaska (Light 2) was sold out in SO many stores. I finally got it in NYC and I have been loving it ever since. I know I could get this at home, but it was the first time I had seen it in store as it is still a new release and I just couldn't help myself. Full review on this to come :-)



Something I was most excited to purchase cosmetic-wise in America was Tarte's Amazonian Clay Blushers. I tried to track these blushers down for months in the UK, and unless I wanted to pay stupid amounts then it was impossible! I decided to go for the shade Exposed, which I shall blog about in the near future.



I have never been a fan of Benefit's mascaras, but seeing as they retail for $22 when at home they are £22.50 I just HAD to pick up They're Real to try out. Again, full review of this to come - let's just say I am LOVING it.



As you may have already seen from my previous post, I bought Impassioned from MAC. It wasn't that much cheaper to buy from MAC in the states, but I just fancied buying a lipstick that would remind me of the trip.



Whilst in the queue at an Ulta, the EOS Lip Balms caught my eye and I just had to get one to see what all the fuss was about! I actually really like it and when I finish it I think I'll order some other flavours from Ebay.



Also at various Ulta's I picked up an array of OPI nail polishes in the sale. I bought 5 in total but these were the only 3 I could find to hand! Prices ranged from $2.49 to $4.99 - absolute bargain eh!


In Miami I managed to find the last Butter London 'Knackered' nail polish from Ulta - it is so beautiful! And again, slightly cheaper to buy Butter London in the US.



Dun dun dun... here's my big purchase of the trip! It's a gorgeous turquoise Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac Clutch. Originally it was $195 but I ended up paying $164 inc tax at the Saks Fifth Avenue friends and family 20% sale day. I didn't even know the sale was on so I was super pleased!



Speaking of bags.. I also picked up this lovely handbag from Aldo. It was on sale for $36 so I was very pleased with that. I love how structured it is and its A4 size - perfect for fitting my laptop in!



Finally, I spent a ridiculous amount of money at Victoria's Secret. I realise it is a little odd to post my underwear on here so I'll just leave you with a little snippet of some of my purchases!


Hope you enjoyed my haul. Did I miss any American essentials out? Let me know, I can add them to my list for another trip.

Lydia xox

7 comments:

  1. I love everything you picked up, especially the handbags! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. the rebecca minkoff bag isss gorrgeeouuss!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want a Butter London nail polish, the colours look mesmorizing. Looking forward to the NARS review :-) Also want that toothpaste!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really is such a awesome write-up. I’ve been looking for this information for quite a while now and then finally stumbled upon your internet site. Thanks so much for posting this, this has helped me out tremendously. By the way I love the style of the blog, looks good, did you create it all by yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! No I had it created it for me but the concept is all mine. If you see below at the very bottom of my blog you will see a link to the creator, it is abbzw who is another blogger. x

      Delete
  5. Hi Lyd, great purchases! I picked up that toothpaste when I went to NY last November and have been using it so glad to hear you think it makes a difference! Just been rifling through loads of your pics, they're great and I'm incredibly jealous. Hope to see you soooon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh you bought some beautiful things Lydia! I definitley agree with you- better to buy a few quality things than lots of little knick knacks that always just end up in the back of the cupboard or forgotten. And it's so nice to have clothes and bags that will always remind you of your trip :)
    Soo many pretties!! have you ever tried getting that toothpaste on ebay? I have gotten the strips off ebay before and they work a treat.
    Bath and Body Works, F21 and Victoria Secret are all on my list too :)

    ReplyDelete