Travel Snaps: Florida

8 May 2012

Travel Snaps: Florida

Yet another travel post from me - hope you aren't sick of them yet! I'm getting a lot of high traffic to these posts but not many comments, but I guess that's ok as long as people want to read them :-)


I decided to skip Miami because to be honest all we did there was relax - we were so close to the beach and shops etc that we didn't venture far. 

After our 3 days of relaxing in Miami, we hopped on a coach for the 4/5hour journey to Orlando. We spent 5 days in Orlando - we decided to split it so that we'd spend a day at each of the Disney Parks (Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom) and then our final day was spent at Universal Island of Adventure purely for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter :-D

On to the photos...



 Me stood by the Disney Hollywood Studios sign. I really enjoyed this park, it wasn't that Disney orientated though as it focused on all kinds of Hollywood movies.


Yay here's me posing by the magical castle at Magic Kingdom. I wore my Minnie Mouse ears all day because I had to get in the spirit of things eh :-)


Mickey in one of the day time parades. We watched a day time one because it was longer, and then came back later on for the evening one.


The gorgeous castle lit up for the fireworks display after the evening parade. It really was gorgeous - the most magical part of my trip.



Hogwarts Express! Gosh I nearly peed my pants I was so excited :P



It looks just like the films - although not keen on the faux snow on the buildings... way too sunny for that to look realistic ha!


Me stood outside Hogwarts castle! So freaking cool - the ride inside there is amazing and well worth the 60 minute wait.



Finally, me drinking a butterbeer :-) I'd heard from various people that they tasted disgusting but I'm pleased to report I found them very yummy!

Up next will be New York.

Lydia xox

2 comments:

  1. Minnie Mouse ears and butter beer- seriously the best holiday EVER!
    You look just adorable with the minnie ears, so cute!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I love Disney in Florida SO much! Hoping to go back next year xx

    ReplyDelete