Revlon Lip Butters

19 May 2012

Revlon Lip Butters

I was determined not to get caught in the hype that was surrounding the Revlon Lip Butters once they hit the UK, but I'm not sure what came across me the other day but I ended up purchasing 3 of them! 

I have been pleasantly surprised with the lip butters and just wanted to do a little review to give my two cents on them. 






Sweet Tart


Sweet Tart is a gorgeous bubblegum pink that isn't too overpowering. It's definitely been my favourite and most worn of the 3, I find it's enough colour to look like you're wearing something but not so bright  that it looks out of place in the day time. Below is how it looks on my lips with two layers.




Candy Apple


I love red lips so Candy Apple was instantly drawn to me. I actually really like this and it's great to find a red that is so balmy and moisturising on the lips - it will be perfect for winter and Christmas time. My only gripe is that when I swatch on my hands it looks incredibly pigmented, but for it to get the same pigmentation on my lips I have to go over it about 4 times. Below is how it looks on my lips with just 2 layers - less vibrant, but kind of good that you can decide how intense the colour looks.



Berry Smoothie


This colour is a classic 'my lips but better' colour. I bought this because I knew already it would get a lot of use because it is so easy to put on and forget about. Perfect for work and laid back days.
Below is how it looks with just one layer.




Overall, I have to say I'm very impressed with these. I know L'Oreal have brought out something similar recently which everyone seems to be claiming is better, but I personally couldn't find any shades in that range that I liked the look of. The Revlon Lip Butters have a nice variety and I already know I will be picking up a few more. They feel so hydrating on the lips and I find they last a decent amount of time on me before disappearing. I also love how glossy they look without feeling sticky.
I think at £7.99 a pop they are quite pricey for drugstore make-up, however I bought these on 3 for 2 in Superdrug and £15 for 3 drugstore lipsticks is much more reasonable in my opinion. I would definitely recommend these, but wait until they are on offer :-)

Lydia xox

6 comments:

  1. Great review! Those three colours are so pretty! I have Cherry Tart and Peach Parfait and I actually quite regret buying those two. The other shades are so much prettier, omg I just want them all!

    http://risingsun-fashionbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candy Apple looks gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Sweet Tart one, it looks lovely on you!

    Nat x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh they are all so pretty! I haven't had a look at these yet because I didn't want to get dragged into the hype either. But I've not seen one bad thing about them so maybe I just need to go and have a little look... I love the idea of Candy Apple for Christmas time... x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Berry Smoothy looks great on you! They look amazingly smooth on you as well!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are really hydrating and glossy, they don't settle in to any lines etc :)

      Delete