Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser Review

9 May 2012

Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser Review

The Nars Tinted Moisturiser is still a fairly new product on the market and when I spotted it for the first time at a Sephora last month I squealed with delight! It seems my shade, Alaska (Light 2), is particularly popular in the US because it took around 4 different visits to different Sephora's to track it down. I couldn't be happier that I managed to get my paws on it though!




Nars describe this product as "your skin - almost bare, but better" which is absolutely spot on. They claim that it is an advanced, oil-free formula which provides a translucent veil of colour and sun protection while helping to reduce the appearance of hyper-pigmentation and dark spots over time. 
Whilst I can't comment on those properties quite yet, I have to say I am very impressed with the product. I find the coverage to be very decent, and I think it is very comparable to the famous Laura Mercier's tinted moisturiser. It is also important to note that the formula is VERY pigmented! When I first started using it I would waste a lot of product because I squeezed far too much out. Honestly, a pea sized amount is enough for the entire face - I can see the tube lasting me a very long time! As the 'Pure Radiant' name would suggest, it is luminous and gives the skin a very fresh appearance which I like. I also noticed that the texture feels much like a serum and it does not feel like any other tinted moisturiser I've tried, but this is a good thing as it feels almost weightless on the skin. Oh and did I mention it smells great?! Sort of fruity. 


Me wearing the Tinted Moisturiser. If you are scared to wear tinted moisturisers because you have skin issues then fear not - I have quite a lot of blemishes right now but a dab of concealer sorts them right out! Plus, I think it feels much nicer to let your skin breathe a little when it is breaking out.



Close up of the shade Alaska.



Alaska blended out a little. You can see how radiant the formula is already!


So to put it simply; I love this product and it is going to be an absolute make-up bag staple for me this summer. I used it every day for over 2 weeks in America and it didn't let me down once, not even in the pouring rain or the beaming hot sun. The fact it has SPF30 is a huge plus point if you are thinking of buying this to take abroad, it is unfortunately very rare to find products with such a high SPF and it essentially kills two birds with one stone in the mornings.

Have you tried the Nars Tinted Moisturiser?

Lydia xox

4 comments:

  1. OOh I might have to get a sample of this when I go on holiday soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be great to test out on holiday!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for linking me to the review! This sounds fab. Do you find it wears well through the day? Jen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for linking me to the review! Sounds like a fab product. Do you find it wears well through the day? Jen xxx

    ReplyDelete