Make-Up Bag Essentials

13 May 2012

Make-Up Bag Essentials

I think most beauty addicts are like me; we chop and change products on a daily basis because we own so many that it would be insane to stick to any sort of routine, right?! I like using different things each day because it allows me to try out a range of products and figure out what works for me and what doesn't. 
Thinking about this made me realise that whilst some products come and go, there are some staples in my make-up bag that are essential to me - et voila, this blog post idea was born. 

Here are my make-up bag essentials...



Chanel Poudre Universal Loose Powder
A loose powder is an absolute must-have for my oily t-zone and I don't think a day goes by when I don't sweep this powder over my face. I have tried many face powders over the years and this is truly the creme de la creme! It is expensive but it is also a gigantic tub - I've had this for a year already!

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers
I would like to thank whoever invented the eyelash curler, because I honestly think I couldn't live without a pair! I have long lashes but they have absolutely no curl to them so an eyelash curler is the most important step in my morning routine. As for what brand to go for, I have been a fan of No7 in the past but since trying the Shu Uemura ones three years ago I have never looked back. Currently on my second pair, I think they are well worth splashing out on because they last so damn long! 

Illamasqua Brow Cake 
I never used to bother with my eyebrows much until this product came in to my life. Every day I now use the Illamasqua brow cake on an angled brush to define and extend my brows. I particularly love it because it can be used dry, as a powder, or wet (preferably with Illamasqua Sealing Gel) for waterproof, super defined brows that aren't gonna budge!

Bobbi Brown Corrector
I use this as my under eye concealer and I truly could not be without it. It camouflages my dark under eye area perfectly and I'd say as long as I had this on I'd be happy enough to go out in public without foundation. It gives me an instant pick me up and makes me look much more awake in the mornings! Hero product status here :-)


What about you guys? What do you consider essentials in your make-up bags?

Lydia xox 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I have been lusting over the Chanel powder. :)

    My essentials are generally my studio finish concealer or bobbi brown corrector and my Catrice eye brow pencil. Apart from that only my mascara.

    I generally try to rotate the products I use to make sure other items in my collection get some love too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with the Bobby Brown corrector I've repurchased this countless times! I've also recently purchased the brow cake and I'm thinking I may be replacing my trusty HD Brow palette with it, I love it with the sealing gel!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try the Bobbi Brown Corrector, it's definitely on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I love the shu uemura eyelash curler! It's so much better than so many other ones I've tried.

    My makeup essentials are the Bobbi Brown Face Touch Up Stick and Tinted Eye Brightener. As well as either Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Mineral Makeup or MAC Mineralize Skinfinish and the Bobbi Brown blush in Nude Peach. Then Urban Decay Primer Potion, Bobbi Brown Cream Shadow in Cement, the same lash curler that you mentioned, MAC Powerpoint Eye pencil in Gilded White and Covergirl Lash Blast Fusion. Okay sorry that was so long.

    http://risingsun-fashionbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete