Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Review

24 May 2012

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Review

I have been itching to review the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair for quite some time now, but I wanted to make sure I had thoroughly tested it out before giving my thoughts on it. After all, it is a pricey product and so I wouldn't want to sing its praises too soon and influence others to buy it before I had properly tried it myself. 

A 50ml bottle set me back £54. I decided to plump for the larger bottle even though I had never tried it before, mainly because if I bought a 30ml bottle for £41 and had to repurchase it, I would be kicking myself for not buying the larger size which works out at a much better deal (although still extortionate, I'm aware).

Why did I decide to splash out on this in the first place, you must wonder? Well, having heard an absolute plethora of positive things about this product, along with seeing how many awards it had won, a beauty addict like me simply could not pass a beauty icon like this by. What got me the most, was that I have heard so many girls say that this has helped fade their spot scars and reduced the amount of time a spot would last. 




Estee Lauder claim that ANR helps skin to reduce the appearance of past damage and help prevent future damage. Although sold primarily as an anti-aging product, a huge emphasis is placed on repairing and preventing skin damage whether it's from air pollution, the rays of the sun or even the stresses of modern day life.

I have to say that over the past two or three months, I have noticed a definite improvement in how my skin looks. My old spot scars are not so prominent, I get fewer breakouts, I never get dry patches on my skin any more and my skin just feels smoother in general. I use a few drops of this on my face in the evening, but I limit my use to every other night as I don't feel my skin quite needs a serum every night as it has oily tendencies as it is. Sometimes I use a moisturiser over this (usually Embryolisse) but it really depends on how my skin is feeling at the time.

As for value for money, I have used about a third of this 50ml bottle in almost three months so I imagine this bottle would last roughly 9 months - not too bad, although surely it should last considering the price hey? I do intend to repurchase this, although I am still very skeptical about anti-aging products in general and I guess only time will tell at how well this product performs in terms of that. For me, this product is more about repairing my skin from breakouts and I couldn't dream of being without it now!

Lydia xox

2 comments:

  1. Fab review, I got this in a set for Christmas and I've been loving it, I can definitely say I will be repurchasing it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to look out for those sets at Christmas time - seems like they are often really good value for money! Plus I want to try the eye cream from that range too :)

      Delete