Vitamin E Illuminating Face Cream

17 March 2012

Vitamin E Illuminating Face Cream

Just a little mini review from me this evening. Short and sweet!

For the past few weeks I have been using The Body Shop's Vitamin E Illuminating Moisture Cream as my day time moisturiser, and I have to say I love it. I like my foundation to look a little dewy and this moisturiser gives me a little extra help in achieving that.




As you can see, it has a purple sort of luminescent tone to it and once blended in properly as you would with any other moisturiser it makes my skin look much more alive. Fear not, it doesn't make you look ridiculously shiny or shimmery like a disco ball - I could honestly go out without putting any make up on top of this. It's so natural it's unreal!

I find the hydration from this moisturiser to be moderate - not so great for extremely dry skinned people but should work fine for almost everyone else. I love the texture - it makes my skin feel so soft like velvet! The perfect base for make-up. It is also ideal to mix in with your foundation to sheer it out and add some luminosity.

At £10 for a 50ml tub I think it is a pretty decent price.

Lydia xox

4 comments:

  1. I'm a self confessed addict of anything vitamin E, I can imagine using this to pat on my cheekbones after my foundation for a playful healthy glow, great post :)

    Lea x

    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like a great product and the way you describe it makes me think it would work perfectly as a primer for foundation! I'll have to give this a try when I get the chance. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to use this cream, its very nice and smells gorgeous too. I bought it as a set and on promotion around christmas time so it was cheaper then.

    blog.yipiii.co.uk/fashion/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've really wanted to try this out since I saw a youtuber mention it a few times. I've been going without foundation more regularly but it would be nice to have something that would just improve my complexion a tiny bit so I don't look like i just rolled out of bed!


    http://www.courtneeloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete