Jemma Kidd Light As Air Review

10 March 2012

Jemma Kidd Light As Air Review

This review has been a ridiculously long time coming! But alas, it is here at long last. I have been using the Jemma Kidd Light As Air foundation on and off for the past 11 months, so it is safe to say it has been tested well by yours truly ;)



For starters, I love how minimal and sleek the packaging is. It's so light, so great for taking it on the go if you need to touch up, and equally as great for traveling. Although the packaging does have one major gripe - this foundation is so thin in consistency that it leaks out all over the lid and becomes incredibly messy. Fear not though, as I have found standing the foundation upside down (cap facing up) eliminates this problem altogether! Hurrah!




Now on to the foundation itself. I have provided a little scary close-up of me wearing Light As Air above, however I must admit this foundation was hard to photograph in its true form. I find it looks much more radiant and flattering in real life. I guess you'll have to take my word for that, eh?!
The foundation, as I said before, is thin in consistency and feels very lightweight on the skin. I barely notice I'm wearing foundation when I have this on, which is a major plus point for me. Despite being lightweight, the foundation provides a surprising amount of coverage. Don't get me wrong, it is not full coverage - I'd say it's more of a medium - but it does hide most of my imperfections which is good enough for me.
As for staying power, this lasts a good 5-6 hours on me before my forehead starts to look a little oily. This may be off-putting to some, but I personally like the effect. I think that this foundation is one of those ones that looks better as the day goes on and as your foundation mixes with your natural oils - as gross as that may sound! When I get home from work I don't think "ew, oil slick!" when I look in the mirror, instead I think "oh I look so dewy!"

As for the shade range... I originally wore shade 01 Ultra Light when I first bought this. I used up nearly a whole bottle, but I couldn't help but feel it made me look too pale. I now wear shade 02 Light, which still matches me well but makes me look a little more alive haha. I have also previously worn shade 03 Light Medium in the summer.

Is this my favourite foundation ever? Quite possibly... but I'm too much of a foundation junkie to commit to that just yet!

You can buy Jemma Kidd Light As Air from here.

Lydia xox

5 comments:

  1. I have looked at this on and off for a while - it does look good on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite foundation at the moment X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely review :) It sounds like a great foundation, I might have to look into this. Btw your skin looks amazing, Lydia! xx

    ReplyDelete