Illamasqua Splurge!

21 January 2012

Illamasqua Splurge!

Yesterday was payday and I was a woman on a mission. I headed to Cardiff with Illamasqua products in mind...




I went to the counter with one particular product in mind - their Skin Base. I had been using a sample of SB06 over the last week but I wasn't 100% sure it was the right match. The lovely MUA (Charlotte I think her name was?) matched me as SB08 and I thought it looked like a better match. My thoughts so far (bearing in mind I used the sample for a week before buying this) is that it's a really nice medium-heavy coverage foundation that leaves a slight dewy look to the skin. The luminosity is not over the top or over powering - it is a really nice medium. I don't powder my skin with this - I like it to look like skin - which is exactly what Skin Base sets out to do.



Whilst the MUA had to make up the rest of my face anyway, I asked her to take her pick of a Cream Blusher that she thinks would suit me. She chose Dixie, a really bright coral-toned colour that looks very fresh when lightly applied. I was totally sold!





Finally, I bought their Brow Cake in Motto - the lightest shade. It is quite ashy, which suits my natural hair colour quite well. I'm not one to fill in my brows every day but I wanted this for nights out.




A special offer was running where if you bought 2 products or more you got a free nail polish of your choice. I opted for Snap, which is a metallic grey/silver. Have yet to try this yet, but I have a few Illamasqua nail polishes in my collection and none of them disappoint.




Did you splurge on pay day? Or are you planning to when it finally gets here?

Lydia xox

10 comments:

  1. I've never tried anything from Illamasqua, the brand doesn't appeal to me that much, but that blush looks gorgeous! Hope you do a FOTD wearing these bits soon. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of doing one, it's on my list :) I am so in love with the Cream Blusher.. in my opinion they are the best Illamasqua product so would be a great place to start with the brand x

      Delete
  2. Ooh please do a skin base review, I have just bought double wear and I struggled to pick betseen the two xx

    Becky

    Www.beautifulbestandtherest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have EL Double Wear too and like it, but I bought Skin Base because it has no SPF (unlike Double Wear) and it is a more luminous finish. I am definitely planning a review though :) x

      Delete
  3. We have such a similar taste in bases, I got the Diorskin Forever, and Skin Base as well! Love them both :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay :) Dior Skin Forever has long been a favourite but I am absolutely loving Skin Base right now! x

      Delete
  4. Next time I'm in Cardiff I NEED to visit the Illamasqua in Debenhams! I don't own a single product from them.. think I'm missing out! Dixie looks gorgeous and love the look of the nail varnish X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have ANYTHING from Illamasqua, but am absolutely dying to try something out! It's lovely when the sales assistants are nice, isn't it? xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the cardiff illamasqua counter :). that's a good promotion as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh you got the skin base! Try mixing it in with things too, I'm loving it with 17 BB cream at the moment believe it or not!! I'd totally recommend their powder blushes. xXx

    ReplyDelete