Champneys Overnight Hand Therapy

14 January 2012

Champneys Overnight Hand Therapy

The cold weather and constant central heating use has really left my hands feeling dry and flaky recently, but I found a product that has really helped and wanted to share it with you all!

Champneys Overnight Hand Therapy was gifted to me by a family member (my auntie, an avid Champneys Spa fan!) but I found out that it retails for £10 from Boots - although can very often be found on offer for £5 on both the official website and Boots itself.



Inside the box you get a 100ml tub of really rich hand cream, and a pack of two special gloves - similar to what you can buy at The Body Shop.



My Experience:
The cream is incredibly thick and smells very herbal - you definitely get a whiff of lavender, that's for sure! I don't really like lavender very much, but seeing as this is a night time treatment I can sort of tolerate it - plus it helps you get in to sleepy mode!
Despite being a really thick consistency, I found the cream to soak in very quickly and my hands were left fairly matte to the touch - not greasy at all. Whilst this is great - nobody likes slippery hands after applying hand cream - what I don't understand is how you are meant to use this as an overnight treatment. I put the gloves on but because the cream had absorbed within minutes, I didn't see the point in keeping them on overnight. Instead, I took the gloves offf - slathered another layer of cream on and went off to sleep. I woke up the next morning with plump skin on my hands that was baby-bottom soft to the touch.

What I like: absorbs quickly and leaves skin hydrated but not greasy.
What I don't like: the gloves are pretty much useless - think the product is marketed wrong.
Would I recommend? Yes, but not as an overnight treatment - this works well as just a handcream.
Would I repurchase? Yes - but only if it was on offer! £5 is reasonable - £10 is a bit much.

What is your winter hand saviour? I'd love to know,

Lydia xox

4 comments:

  1. Hiya, I have awarded you a Kreative Blogger award, here is the post if you are interested:

    http://beautifulbestandtherest.blogspot.com/2012/01/kreative-blogger-award.html

    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) will check it out now!

      Delete
  2. Oh this sounds lovely! Surprisingly I haven't suffered with dry hands that much this winter :o X

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute blog check mine out?
    www.hidinginwonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete