Top 3 Winter Perfumes

11 December 2011

Top 3 Winter Perfumes

As I was tidying up my make-up and perfume storage this morning, I decided that a post on my top 3 perfumes for the winter months may be a very good idea indeed :) I love perfume and I am a bit of a collector, which means certain perfumes only get used at certain times of the year.

In winter I like heavier, more muskier and longer lasting scents. I love nothing more than picking up a scarf and smelling a perfume you wore days ago! That, is the essence of a fantastic perfume in my opinion :) the 3 I picked all posses that quality.




1. Diptyque Eau Duelle: this is the longest lasting perfume I've ever come across. It's a gorgeous spicy vanilla that manages to be woody and sweet all at the same time - a very complex and interesting scent indeed. It's perfect for this time of year! If you would like to read more about it then click here for my review.

2. Chanel Chance: this used to be my signature scent - well I guess it still is - and I have definitely gone through at least 10 bottles of the stuff over the years! Truly tried and tested you could say :) I don't know how to describe but it is definitely a heavy scent with outstanding staying power. In the last two years I have become a bit of a perfume junkie and so I no longer stay so loyal to Chance - it tends to just come out in Winter time now!

3. Vivienne Westwood Naughty Alice: I had this perfume as a gift last Christmas, and every time I spray it it takes me back to the that period of time. For me, it is the essence of Winter - a musky scent that smells very sensual and audacious, yet it is also floral. Another perfume that lingers all day.


What are some of your favourite winter perfumes?

Lydia xox

6 comments:

  1. Naughty Alice is a beautiful fragrance - I find it ideal for autumn and winter and have been reaching for it quite often (note to self: must review soon!).

    My winter fragrances (this year) are Bottega Veneta and Thierry Mugler's Alien (have just discovered it and fallen head over heels...).

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ MissA - I like Alien too, but never enough to buy it! it might make it to my collection one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all sound so beautiful and perfect for a wintery Christmas (I'm so jealous!)
    I love how certain perfumes bring certain memories back! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have to say im a fan of britney fantasy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kirsty - ooh I love that too! but I tend to use it more in spring/summer as it is very sweet and girly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to try all three now! X

    ReplyDelete