L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Luminzer Mascara for Hazel Eyes

8 December 2011

L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Luminzer Mascara for Hazel Eyes

I have a new favourite mascara that I have recently discovered and I couldn't wait to share it with you all! I'm too excited :)

First I shall give you a bit of a back story...
Previously, I had been using and loving Covergirl's LashBlast for months on end but due to it not being available in the UK I started to try out some of our own drugstore mascara offerings. Old favourites Rimme Sexy Curves and L'Oreal Voluminous were just not cutting it for me so last week I decided to take the plunge and try out a new mascara - L'Oreal's Volume Million Lashes Luminzer Mascara. Now, the luminzer range has 3 offerings - one for blue eyes, one for green eyes and one for hazel eyes. I have brown eyes so this wasn't exactly ideal, but I know from experience that purple is really complimentary on brown eyes so I plumped for the Lumizer Hazel Eyes, because that is a plummy purple colour. I'm glad I took this risk because I am so in love with this mascara!


Packaging...


The brush...


How it looks on the lashes...


Above is a photo of my lashes with just one coating of product. As you can see, it really opens up the eye and defines each lash. You also cannot tell that the mascara has some colour to it, so if that has been putting you off trying this range then don't let it!
The reason I love it so much is because it does exactly what I want in a mascara - lifts, expands and separates.

Lifts.... I naturally have rather long lashes but they have no curl to them at all, making them look short and stumpy. This mascara really helps hold the curl created with my eyelash curlers, and shows off the length I have instead of them lying flat and looking pretty non-existent.
Expands... Again, the brush really helps to fan out my lashes and it also seems to give some volume at the base. It makes me look like I have tonnes more lashes than I really do - or at least what I thought I had!
Separates... The brush is plastic and has loads of little grooves in it, which is what I think makes it define the lashes so well. The design of the brush helps to grab each and every lash and then coat them individually! I'm not into clumpy mascara at all, so this works great for me, but if you are then you might be sorely disappointed here.

This mascara cost me around £11 from Superdrug and I would definitely recommend and repurchase. I give it 4 stars out of 5 :)

Lydia xox

4 comments:

  1. i want to try this now! im obsessed with trying mascaras

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia! Your lashes look amazing! They look so long and clean. Does that make sense haha like seperated and non clumpy! I am currently using Diorshow but it seems to get clumpy so quick and doesnt define like this at all. I think I'm going to give this loreal one a go for sure!
    Haha you should def paint your nails with strawberry margarita even if it is winter :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is next on my list to try, will be looking out for it when it's on offer! I hate buying mascara full price as they are getting more and more expensive X

    ReplyDelete