Top 5 Blushers

30 October 2011

Top 5 Blushers

I've never been one to write 'top 5' or 'top 10' favourites post, but I decided to jump on the bandwagon as I love reading other peoples favourites.

So to start with, here are my top 5 blushers...


Top Row L-R: MAC Gentle, MAC Pink Swoon, MAC Melba
Bottom L-R: Nars Deep Throat, Benefit Coralista


1. Benefit Coralista - this is hands down my all time favourite blush! I just find it so flattering on my skin and it always looks great. It is quite shimmery, meaning I don't really need to use a highlighter when I use this and it still makes my skin look glowing. Benefit blushers are ridiculously expensive but I've had this box since January 2010 and I haven't even hit pan :)

2. MAC Pink Swoon - this is the first ever MAC blusher I bought (back in 2006!), and it is also the first blusher I ever bought and used consistently. Before I got Pink Swoon, I never bothered with blusher so in a way this blush is what started my love affair.... it really made me realise what a difference a pop of blusher on the cheeks can do for your complexion.

3. MAC Gentle - this is the only mineralized blush that I really use, and I think it is perfect for days when you have gone heavier on the bronzer and want a tiny pop of colour on the cheeks. It is also great for days when you are wearing minimal make-up. It is also has shimmer in it so it makes you look glowing and gorgeous.

4. Nars Deep Throat - I find this really comparable to Coralista, but it is definitely more pink than coral. I love Nars blushers but this is definitely my favourite - it suits my skin tone and never looks too harsh.

5. MAC Melba - I love this blusher for summer time when I'm tanned and using quite a bit of bronzer - Melba just looks so subtle on the cheeks. It is also my only matte blusher.

What are your top 5 blushers? I'd say I have a rather small collection compared to other make-up items, so I'm open to new purchases :)

Lydia xox

14 comments:

  1. I really need to get benefit's coralista. I think i might pop it on my Christmas list :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy - ooh yes it is definitely a must have in my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep meaning to buy Mac Melba it gets so raved about! Great choice for your top 5 though! I think I'd have to have The Body Shop baked blush in petal (so under rated!) and Mac Fleur Power!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh Lydia I have missed your blog so much! So good to have a proper account with to comment with :)
    These blushes are so pretty- I definitely share your love affair with Coralista! Pink Swoon was my first MAC blush too :)
    Can't wait to catch up on all your posts!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE NARS Deep Throat! Such a gorgeous, natural colour. It's so pretty! I haven't tried any of the others, but I'll be sure to check them out as I have also seen others rave about them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really lack in blushes, a great cheapy one though is Natural Collections 'Pink Cloud' which I like :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, the names of some of the NARS blushes, honestly! Love the looks of Coralista.

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to try Peach Melba! Need to get some Nars ones too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to try the Mac blushes, just can't bare to part with that much cash. Great review post lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coralista is my all time fave blusher too! I always wear it if I'm in a rush but it always looks so pretty on the cheeks! I really want to try Melba as I don't own a matte blush! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melba is also one of my new favourites for when I'm tanned. Pink Swoon and Gentle are gorgeous - they've been on my huge MAC list for a while now :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to get out Coralista again i think, only have it in a palette. I wanted to try a Nars blush, think I may get Deep Throat xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Coralista is my favourite blusher too, no matter how crappy my make-up looks this makes it look so much prettier aha! "Melba" is now on my to get list, I need a matte blush in my life. I loveee the Topshop blush in "Head over Heels" and the Accessorize blushers are all so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. i want to try a bright blusher like pink swoon! looks so pwerrrty
    http://frecklesandflaws.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete