September 2011 Favourites

4 October 2011

September 2011 Favourites

Hello everyone! Yep, it's that time of the month again.... time to do monthly favourites :)


September has been a bit of a blah month for me, nothing much has been going on but I did find time to shop and all of these items are kind of newbies :)



1. Soap and Glory Pulp Friction - this body scrub is probably the best I've ever come across. It smells gorgeous and fruity, and has a thick paste consistency with very fine scrubbing beads. I find it very gentle and non-abrasive, unlike the Body Shop one I had previously been using.



2. Dior Forever Flawless Perfection Foundation - I think this may actually be one of my favourite foundations! I bought my first bottle of it back in March and I used it constantly, but as soon as summer rolled around it got put to the back of my drawer as the shade was too light for me. However I have now invested in the shade up (020 Light Beige) and I am wearing it every day again. I love it for many reasons - it smells great, has just the right amount of coverage (medium) and I find it looks better on the skin as the day goes on.



3. Dr Weil for Origins Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Cream - I fell in love with this back in August after a lady at the Origins counter gave me a generous sample pot. I had previously been told by a different woman that this would not suit my combination skin, so I was amazed to see that it was doing wonders for my skin. I later found out that this is actually for sensitive skin, so it should be pretty universal. It totally gets rid of any redness and I wake up with plump, soft skin each morning. It is also less greasy feeling than my previous oil free face cream, providing a great foundation base in the mornings. I am still alternating this with my Origins Starting Over oil free, but when I run out of both I will be sure to repurchase the Mega Mushroom cream.




4. Dior Amber Diamond - ahh the famous Amber Diamond! I knew I'd crack and buy it one day, and that day sure came at the end of August this year. I have been using it basically every day since getting it and I love how it gives me a healthy glow. Most days I am skipping blusher altogether and just using bronzer with Amber Diamond on the cheekbones.

What have you been loving this month? Looking forward to everyones monthly favourites, as usual :)

Lydia xox

5 comments:

  1. Oooh I love my amber diamond as well I need to use it more often (bad Claire lol) I really want to try some of origins skincare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Amber Diamond! So worth the hype :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you all, Amber Diamond is totally worth the hype and I'm glad I bought it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my amber diamond highlighter, and I've been wanting to try the mega mushroom cream, thanks for the review!

    simplyyoursamb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete