Illamasqua Freak Eau de Parfum

8 October 2011

Illamasqua Freak Eau de Parfum

Recently I was kindly sent a very generous 15ml sample of Illamasqua's new (and first!) perfume - Freak. I was not expecting it but I was pleasantly surprised because I have been itching to smell it ever since I heard that the brand were bringing out a perfume!

As always with Illasmasqua, the box had huge attention to detail with the silver shell, purple shredded paper and the images rolled up in to a scroll. I also love that the perfume came in a small velvet pouch!




I am SUCH a fan of the way they seal their envelopes with wax :-) it's all very Harry Potter eh?!



But enough about my package, let me tell you about Freak....

"Freak is you, freak is me, freak is her, freak is he, freak's who you are and want to be, freak's the door, freak's the key, freak is out, freak is free. The freak's will inherit the earth." Alex Box, Illamasqua's Creative Director



I'm dreadful at describing scents so I shall instead say what the press release says about Freak...

Top Notes
Black Davana, Opium Flower and Belladonna; bewitch the senses into uncontrollable lust and passion.

Heart Notes
Poison Hemlock, Datura and Queen of the Night blossom; caress and kiss.

Base Notes
Aromas of Frankincense, Oud and Myrrh; addictively mesmerises and captures the senses.


My thoughts on Freak:

It is a rather sensual and sexy scent that lingers for hours and hours on the skin. In my opinion, it would make a great evening scent. My initial thoughts on the perfume was that it smelled a bit like bergamot but with a sort of citrus freshness to it. I also feel it is very unisex - either female or male could wear it, if they so wished. I may actually buy this perfume once my sample runs outs, as I have really been enjoying wearing it, particularly as the weather is colder and I have felt an urge to wear stronger perfumes. The only downfall? I wish it had more sizes as the current size is quite a big commitment.

Freak by Illamasqua 75ml EDP will retail at £59 and can be pre-ordered from the 3rd October at Illamasqua.com - the scent will launch 20th October.

Lydia xox

3 comments:

  1. I've had the urge to wear stronger perfumes too as the weather is getting colder! Really fancy a sniff of this now xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Santa might bring this for me this year if I'm lucky :)

    http://themakeupmuffins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's a very well presented sample!

    ReplyDelete