Move Over Patina, There's a New Favourite in Town!

14 September 2011

Move Over Patina, There's a New Favourite in Town!

Hello everyone!

As I was putting on my make-up today I became inspired for a blog post. It was when I was applying my eye make-up that I realise I have been consistently choosing to apply MAC's Sable eyeshadow almost every day for months now. That's when it hit me - Patina is no longer my go to, most loved MAC eyeshadow. Sable has well and truly taken her crown! I find this so hard to believe as well, because Sable has been in my collection for almost 3 years and it is only now I have noticed how gorgeous it is.

So this post is a little spotlight on the wonderful Sable...


Natural lighting swatch...



Me wearing Sable eyeshadow yesterday....



Why do I love Sable so much, I hear you ask? Well... it's so multi-faceted. On first look it could be seen as your run-of-the-mill chocolate brown eyeshadow. Nothing special, just a medium brown. But if you look at it properly, you can see undertones of red and purple in Sable. I find it hugely complementary on my eyes and I wear it most days alone - it is so simple but looks like I have made an effort!

As for combinations, I think Sable can work well with a whole range of other MAC eyeshadows. In particular my former favourite, Patina. Other favourites include Jest and Mythology.

What's your favourite MAC eyeshadow?

Lydia xox

10 comments:

  1. I love it, it's super gorgeous and it looks like a great eyeshadow to simply swipe on your lids when in a rush x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've fallen completely in love with Patina recently! I don't own Sable but I feel like I need to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so lovely, I always swatch it in MAC but then tell myself I don't need another neutral eyeshadow.. hmm it's definitely on my birthday wishlist now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always heard good things about Sable. Currently obsessed with my Naked palette (yes very late on that bandwagon!) but will definitely look into getting Sable next time I do a Mac shop. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks lovely! :) my favourite mac eyeshadow is Phloof! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I like the sound of it having red and purple undertones.
    My favourite MAC shadow has to be Naked Lunch.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Naked Lunch and Phloof! too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that color. It's one of my favorites as well. <3

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog. You should check it out.

    xoxo
    http://thesexylittleblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sable is a pretty shade but I still love my Patina!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    Freeman Beauty Blogger Kit Giveaway

    ReplyDelete