Illamasqua Theatre of the Nameless

5 September 2011

Illamasqua Theatre of the Nameless

Hello everyone! Today I am going to do a little post on Illamasqua's new collection, Theatre of the Nameless. You can check out and purchase the whole collection online here!

On Thursday 1st September I was lucky enough to attend the launch of the collection in London. It was the first blogging event I had actually ever attended - after 3 years of blogging I decided that it was about time I should make an effort! Safe to say I was super excited for the event already but Illamasqua totally exceeded my expectations at the event and blew me away with their new products and the conception behind the collection. I also had a wonderful day beforehand meeting lots of bloggers - how very exciting!

I know that there are a lot Theatre of the Nameless event and product posts floating around so I don't want to bore you by making mine too similar - I promise to keep this as short and sweet as possible!

Theatre of the Nameless...

"Descend into the riotous scene of erotic adventure that is The Theatre of the Nameless; a nocturnal den of the dissident leaders of underworld subcultures."


I firstly have to apologise at my lack of photos. As seen in the photos below, the convention room used was beautifully lit by candles which added fantastic atmosphere and set the scene well, but unfortunately it made it hard to take photos of the products. I had hoped to photograph everything but alas this post will only be about the products I received in my goodie bag. Sorry about that!


Below (L-R): Shimmer Blusher, Pure Pigment, Cream Pigment.


The Shimmer Blush in Ambition is my favourite of the one I received and I have been using it daily since! Below is a photo of the product in natural light, as you can see it is a light, dusky pink with gold shimmer. It applies effortlessly, although a very light hand is needed as it is crazily pigmented! I have used this every day since Thursday and if I hadn't received it I can honestly say I would have purchased it. The other blush in the collection, Morale, was a deeper more hot pink and I am also tempted to purchase this!



Next is a Cream Pigment in Depravity , a gorgeous magenta purple. Cream Pigment's are intensely colour-rich and a crease resistant matt formula. I will be using this for lips, cheeks and eyes - love a multi use product!


Finally, there is no photo as you cannot really see the product in it's packaging, there is a Pure Pigment in Zeitgeist . It is a dark, almost black, shimmer with a high-shine metallic finish. This is a really great and versatile product to have in anyones collection. I have already used it all over the lid, blended in to the crease and pressed in to my lash line as eyeliner. Love it!


Other stand out products for me was the Pure Pigment in Berber (an auburn red shimmer, ridiculously pigmented too! <3) and the Precision Ink in Havoc. I cannot wait to get my hands on either of these! :)

What do you make of the new Illamasqua collection then? Anything you are buying/have bought? Would love to know...

Lydia xox

2 comments:

  1. wow im jealous looks like a great collection x

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is, the event left me feeling so inspired by make-up too! x

    ReplyDelete