FOTD Feat. Illamasqua Ambition Blush

2 September 2011

FOTD Feat. Illamasqua Ambition Blush

Hello! Today is essentially a day of doing nothing for me, so I decided to have a little play with my make-up. Nothing too drastic but I love it - and it's very different to what I'd normally go for! I think I feel a little inspired after the Illamasqua event last night. So many gorgeous, innovative products.. but more on that to come this weekend!

FOTD with flash:

FOTD without flash:


Products used:
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Bisque
Chanel Loose Powder in 020 Clair
MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Fling
Benefit Bad Gal Eyeliner
Covergirl Lashblast Mascara
Chanel Tan de Soleil Bronzing Base
Illamasqua Blush in Ambition (Theatre of the Nameless collection!)
MAC Lip Liner in Naked (no idea what collection but LE)
MAC Lipstick in Rebel - Satin Finish - LE (again, no idea what collection)



Stand out products for me were...


The Illamasqua Blush in Ambition, which I got at the event last night. It's a shimmer finish and the most gorgeous muted, neutral pink.


The MAC lipstick in Rebel. I was instantly drawn to this colour, and it is not at all as scary looking once applied on the lips! It has strong staying power too, which is great - I'm not one for reapplying when out and about!


And finally, my hair is in a messy bun - not quite a topknot as it has sunken down since this morning! Sorry for the terrible photo, but do you know how hard it is to take photos of the back of your head? Very!

Hope you like this post,

What do you all think of the blusher and lipstick?

Lydia xox

4 comments:

  1. I'd never normally pick out a lipstick that shade but it looks gorgeous on you! Love the blusher too very pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I was apprehensive at first but when I swatched it I was smitten! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blush, it's so pretty with your complexion. And your hair looks really chic! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, seriously so impressed with these Illamasqua blushes!

    ReplyDelete