A Belated August Favourites

9 September 2011

A Belated August Favourites

Can't believe how late I've left it to write my August favourites, but better late than never right?

August's favourites are mainly all new products to me which is exciting and I am glad I love them all! Nobody likes to waste money eh!


1. Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator: This is a hair conditioning treatment but I have been using this as a conditioner after every wash. It leaves my hair feeling ridiculously soft and healthy but not too weighed down. It is also a rather large 250ml bottle which only cost £11 from feelunique.com so I don't mind using it so frequently. For reference, after using it every other day for the past 3 weeks I still have about half a bottle left so as you can see it is quite good value for money. One more thing - it smells gorgeous!

2. Vichy Normaderm Purifying Cleansing Gel - I noticed one of my best friends using this on our recent trip away and after hearing her sing its praises I decided to buy one for myself too. I have been using it every day and night since purchasing it and I have to say I do like it. It is for oily, acne prone skin but it isn't too harsh. After using this product it is noticeable that it has got ridden of oil and shine but my skin doesn't feel stripped at all. Right now I think I would definitely repurchase this when it runs out.

3. Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer (Shade 03) - I bought this after hearing all of the rave reviews in the beauty community and I have to say that I was not disappointed. It really impressed me in fact! It gives great coverage and lasts all day. I use this on spots, under my eyes and on the discolouration around my nose. It isn't cakey or heavy either, which I love.

4. Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in Epatant - these eyeshadows are something I have been excited about for months and as soon as I saw them in store I made a beeline for them. I decided to get Epatant, a gorgeous silver pewter with a bit of a green undertone to it. This will be great for the upcoming festive season, and for nights out in general! I love the gel-like texture of these, they don't crease and are so easy to apply. I really want to get more of these before they disappear from the counters!


5. Origins Super Spot Remover - I have already reviewed this recently so I will just be brief here. This stuff is seriously amazing and has helped clear the stubborn spots on my chin. You can read my full review here!

6. Origins Starting Over Moisturiser (Oil Free version) - this is for sure my HG moisturiser and it wasn't until this month that I realised that. I had gone through two pots of this in the past and it kept my skin just right side of hydrated and also kept my skin clear. When I ran out recently, I purchase a moisturiser from Bliss instead and it broke me out. I then realised that I shouldn't dabble with other products if I have found one that works so perfectly for me, so off I skipped to Boots to pick up a new pot of Starting Over. I have used it religiously ever since and it has treated my skin well :-) hurrah.

Looking forward to reading everyone else's favourites,

Lydia xox

5 comments:

  1. Does the chanel eyeshadow really not crease? I have bad experiences with creamy eyeshadows... It looks so pretty though! *tempted*

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Rin - they do not crease on me but I do apply Urban Decay Primer Potion on underneath them! If you were wearing them for a long day or night I find they last longest patted on top of a matt eyeshadow, a matte black or any neutral would be great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Need to do my favourites soon! Have been so bad with them recently. I loveee the Collection 2000 concealer too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely adding Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator to my list of hair treatments to try.
    I've been umming and ahhing over the Chanel Illusion eyeshadows..I've not seen this shade on many blogs and it is so pretty - you're right perfect for the festive season. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Daisy - I know the feeling! The Collection 2000 concealer may well be my drugstore product of the year.. it's fab x

    @Katey - you won't regret trying it, it smells amazing and makes your hair ridiculously soft! x

    ReplyDelete