TAG: What's In My Shower

19 August 2011

TAG: What's In My Shower

Hello everyone! Long time no blog, I am a terrible blogger right now I'm fully aware. I am always full of great blogging intention but never seem to get around to it.

A few days ago when I was taking a shower I came up with a little blog post idea. I remember that Elle Fowler (I'm sure you all know her - AllThatGlitters21 - say no more) started a tag video called "what's in my shower" and so I decided to turn it in to a blog post tag :-)

I'm quite a nosy person so would love to see what products everyone else has in their shower, so I thought I'd start this off...



St Ives Face Scrub: I have used this scrub for years! I keep this in my shower as I like to use it in the mornings to wake me up! I use it about 4 times a week, it's gentle enough to be used so frequently which is great :)

He-Shi Exfoliator: The most recent addition to my shower shelf, I love this stuff so much as it smells like strawberries, is of sugar consistency, and it isn't too abrasive on the skin!

Dove Silk Glow Shower Gel: I always pick this up when it's on offer (I usually can find it for a £1!) and I love how it feels on the skin. It's uber moisturising which means I can skip on using a moisturiser if I'm in a rush or feeling lazy. This will especially be great in winter when the skin on my legs tends to dry out!

Tresemme Naturals Shampoo and Conditioner: I won these massive bottles in a Twitter giveaway and they seem to be lasting me a lifetime! I do like them and will use them up over time, but they are nothing special - there's no wow factor for me. I am mainly keeping them in my shower so they will get used up :)

Redken 'All Soft' Heavy Cream: This is a brand spankin' new tub of deep conditioner. I've only used it twice so can't really say too much about it, but so far so good - I like it. Despite the name Heavy Cream, it doesn't weigh my hair down and leaves it feeling super healthy.

Unite Weekender Shampoo: This is my clarifying shampoo that I use once a week to get rid of build up! I love this stuff so much - it smells gorgeous and makes my hair feel squeaky clean. It also lasts a lifetime - I've had this bottle since April and have used it at least once a week since I got it - look how much is left!


And that's it! I do of course have many more shower products lurking in my bathroom, but this is what is on my shower shelf right now.

What do you guys have in your shower? Feel free to consider yourself tagged! :)

Lydia xox

13 comments:

  1. Be careful with the St. Ives as so many dermatologists recommend against it. If you're looking for a great exfoliator try Laura Mercier flawless face polish. Trust me, you'll never go back to drugstore after it! :)

    ---AK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, but I've used a lot of skin care over the years (dabbling in both high end and low end!) and St Ives works the best for me so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely going to give the Unite Weekender Shampoo a whirl after reading this, my hair just never feels quite clean enough! Thanks :)

    http://loula-belle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love St Ives! How much is Unite weekender shampoo and where can I find it? :) Thanks! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Trudi - I paid around £12 and got it from here: http://www.urbanretreat.co.uk/

    @Loula - it really is quite addictive - I have oily hair so this really helps to make wait longer between washes :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post, it's so much fun seeing what other people are using in the shower! I love the St Ives scrub too - it's the best on the market in my opinion <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. he-shi exfoliator - yes pls x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Tresemme I find I can buy a bottle and it lasts forever.

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of this post :) might have to do one myself. I love St Ives and have been using it for years too xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to use the Redken All Soft Heavy Cream, but found it made my hair slightly greasy, but I probably used too much.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha, I’m exactly the same as you when it comes to posting regularly, I have loads of ideas but no motivation to just get it done! It’s nice to see I’m not the only one. St. Ives face scrub sound great, I’ll be keeping an eye out for it next time I go shopping! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved this post! I have the tresemme to try but keep putting off starting it because the bottles last so long and I like to try different products. Hope you like the Heavy Cream xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice post! i use st. ives at the moment and love it!

    ReplyDelete