Miracle Product? Origins Super Spot Remover

31 August 2011

Miracle Product? Origins Super Spot Remover

Hello hello hello :-) I warn you now.. this is going to be a rather lengthy post!

I was gearing up to do a little collective post on all the new stuff I've bought recently but I've just decided to do this post one special product in particular instead. It definitely deserves a post of its own!

So to start off, here's some background info. The past few weeks I've had a bad outbreak of cystic spots on my chin and nothing would get rid of them, not even my trusty benzyl peroxide gel from my GP. I was beginning to lose hope when this little product came in to my life about a week and a half ago! I know it seems premature to review it but it really has done wonders for me and I am seriously questioning whether this is the miracle spot product I have been looking for my entire life!

The product in question is Origins Super Spot Remover, which set me back £12 for 10ml of product. Seems a little expensive for such a small amount but really it looks like it will last a while as you only need to use the tiniest amount of it. The main spot fighting ingredient is salicylic acid.


The first night I bought this I followed the Origins assistant's advice and layered a tiny blob of it on my entire chin (or in your case whichever area is affected by spots). I woke up the next morning and to my utter surprise the spots were seriously less inflamed, less red and less prominent. One had even disappeared completely to just a dry little flake of skin. This is the first time in a very long time a product had wowed me.

The following night, I applied this product again and low and behold, yes the next morning my spots had shrunk yet again. Fast forward three more days and my chin was clear!

So to say I am impressed with this product may be a little bit of an understatement. I genuinely believe it is worth the money and as far as I am concerned it is the reason my spots cleared up.

If you are at your wits end with a breakout and nothing seems to be doing the trick, I'd seriously advise checking this out. Origins are fantastic at giving samples out, so if you are a little skeptical then maybe ask for a small sample pot of it.

As with all of my reviews, here is a breakdown on my thoughts:
Would I recommend? Yes
Would I repurchase? Yes
Why I like it: Basically.. it cleared my spots when even a doctors prescribed product didn't work. It's also less drying than a benzyl peroxide treatment. In my opinion it also isn't too expensive considering it's a higher end skin care brand. Plastic bottle means it is light and easy to travel with.
What I don't like about it: NOTHING :-)


Now speaking of Origins, I just wanted to reinstate my love for Origins Starting Over (Oil Free) Face Cream. I went through two pots of this stuff in the last year, and when it ran out the last time I never repurchased it. The Bliss face cream I bought instead broke me out and instead of trying a different product yet again, I played it safe and went back to Starting Over. Boy is my skin thanking me for it!


Without a doubt, Origins Starting Over is my favourite face cream ever. It keeps my skin clearly and gives it just the right amount of moisture.

Oh Origins... I really do love you!

Lydia xox

4 comments:

  1. thank you darling for your fab review!! xooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post, my skin is sooo awful at the moment and nothing seems to be clearing them up :/ I don't own anything by Origins as I was always a bit put off by the price but £12 doesn't seem too steep considering how much I spend on skincare that ends up breaking me out! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using a prescribed benzyol peroxide lotion for a while now and found it so drying this looks really amazing though :) might have to buy it now haha xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! Super Spot sounds amazing, I'm definitely going to have to check this out for when my skin rages and breaks out! xx

    ReplyDelete