Monthly Faves: July 2011

31 July 2011

Monthly Faves: July 2011

Hello everyone! Wow, I can't believe how fast this summer is flying by. It's crazy!

I don't have many favourites to show you this month as I was on holiday for the first half of the month! As I was away I didn't really have much chance to buy new things or experiment with products as much as I usually do.


Here is what did stand out though:



1. Marc Jacobs Lola EDP: I bought this on the aeroplane on a whim, and I'm so glad because it is the perfect light and floral summer scent. It's not too heavy and generally just an easy scent to wear. Love it. Oh, and how cute is the bottle?!

2. Nails Inc Brook Street: I bought this after hearing on Twitter that Fearne Cotton chose it for her Nails Inc pedi! I love Fearne Cotton so of course I hotfooted it to my local Boots and picked it up. It is a gorgeous coral pink that is perfect for the toes in summer. It also applies pretty well for a Nails Inc polish - I don't really tend to like their formulation.

3. Chanel Mat Lumiere (shade 30): Now that it's summer, I tend to rely on Mat Lumiere to keep me from looking like a shiny horrible mess on any nights out that I go on. It is also great for days where I know I'm going to be out for a long period of time. No other foundation has the same staying power in my opinion!

4. Nars Roman Holiday Lipstick: I can't believe I didn't own this lipstick until a few weeks ago. It is just a gooooorgeous shade of pink and has a fab formulation. I find it very moisturising, and despite being sheer it is easily buildable. I have worn this almost every day for 2 weeks now - it definitely deserves its place in my favourites!

Roman Holiday on the lips:


Can't wait to read everyone else's favourites,

Lydia xox

7 comments:

  1. I've been loving my Mat Lumiere this summer too.. And my Etsee Lauder Double Wear Light.. Both have great staying power and amazing finishes..

    ReplyDelete
  2. that lipstick looks so pretty~ and i love the color of the nail polish

    parenting articles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to have to jump on the Mat Lumiere bandwagon. Hearing too many good things! Nail polish is also looking tempting. Next trip to the dept store is looking dangerous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may be tempted to pick up Lola myself, never smelt it but could be a good duty free buy! Also I love Roman Holiday, not sure I've seen swatches of it before but it's beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roman Holiday is gorgeous!! I neeeed that! Also, really want Mat Lumiere now it sounds amazing for my horrible oily skin xx

    ReplyDelete