My bedroom... a work in progress

16 June 2011

My bedroom... a work in progress

Hello everyone! Not my usual kind of post today but I wanted to share with you all something I am working on at the moment... my bedroom at my parents home. As I am soon to be permanently living with them again this summer I have decided to spruce it up a little! I was so sick of the baby pink walls, so decided to go for something I feel is a little more mature and timeless :-)

So this is what I have done so far...


I choose Dulux 'Soft Stone' for the three walls and then used the Dulux feature wall paint in 'Mulberry Burst' for the wall behind my bed. I had a purple bedroom at university so I already have a lot of things to match the feature walls. I also have cream curtains so thought that it would look really nice against it.


Above: freshly painted, without flash


Above: with flash, curtains drawn


I also added new shelves for my DVDs :-) much better than the way they were - they used to be squashed in a bookshelf! Check out my Barbie too - the only one that never made it out of the box. She's beeeautiful!


So what do you guys think? I'm really pleased with it. Next on my list is to get rid of my furniture (there's way too much of it and not enough space!) and replacing it with one large wardrobe, a chest of drawers and hopefully a dressing table for my make-up! Oooh the excitement!

Lydia xox

5 comments:

  1. I love the colour of your feature wall :-) I like your candles on your shelves too!!
    I really really need to de clutter my room after seeing this!!
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh it's looking lovely! I remember doing the same when I moved home after Uni :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it..I really like those colors together. And I love the shelves! That Barbie is a beauty! :) I wish I had restraint like that when I was a kid...I took every Barbie I ever had out of the box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so cute! I love your blog its amazing :)

    xo,
    thecitizenscloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looking great :D Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete