Recent Book Haul

28 May 2011

Recent Book Haul

Hello everyone! Hope you are all having a great start to the weekend :-) I have been busy listing stuff to sell on ebay and curled up reading a book... which brings me to the topic of my post!

I did a little book order on Waterstones.com last week and I wanted to show you what I got. I know I have quite a few book lovers following me so I guess it could be interesting to see what I got or maybe give you a little inspiration?!

As I haven't finished any of these yet I will just provide a brief description from the website...

L-R

1. Room - Emma Donoghue
Jack is five. He lives with his Ma. They live in a single, locked room. They don't have the key. Jack and Ma are prisoners. 'This book will break your heart ...It is the most vivid, radiant and beautiful expression of maternal love I have ever read' - "Irish Times"

2. Thanks for the Memories - Cecelia Ahern
Lose yourself in the magical new novel from the No.1 bestselling author of PS I Love You Joyce Conway remembers things she shouldn't. She knows about tiny cobbled streets in Paris, which she has never visited. And every night she dreams about an unknown little girl with blonde hair. Justin Hitchcock is divorced, lonely and restless. He arrives in Dublin to give a lecture on art and meets an attractive doctor, who persuades him to donate blood. It's the first thing to come straight from his heart in a long time. When Joyce leaves hospital after a terrible accident, with her life and her marriage in pieces, she moves back in with her elderly father. All the while, a strong sense of deja vu is overwhelming her and she can't figure out why.

3. The Brightest Star In The Sky - Marian Keyes
June the first, a bright summer's evening, a Monday ...And into the busy, bustling homes at 66 Star Street slips, unseen, a mysterious visitor. As the couples, flatmates and repentant singletons of No 66 fall in and out of love, clutch at and drop secrets, laugh, cry and simply try to live, no one suspects the visitor patiently waiting in the wings. For soon, really very soon, everything is going to change ...


I am currently reading Thanks for the Memories by Cecelia Ahern and I'm enjoying it :-)

Sorry this post hasn't much effort put in to it - but there isn't much I can say on books I have not read yet, so I thought borrowing a description might be quite useful.

Lydia xox

10 comments:

  1. I read Room recently and it's a fantastic read-I couldn't put it down! Really hope you enjoy it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get ito Room. I've picked it up a few times now and I can't quite put my finger on why, but I just can't sink into it. I'm sure I'll give it another go at some point because I've heard so many reviews on it - many of which are good xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Daisy and Laura - I'm looking forward to reading Room, but it's not typically the type of book I'd usually go for. Fingers crossed I can get in to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh I read thanks for the memories and really enjoyed it! I really like Cecelia Ahern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh these sound interesting, especially Thanks for the Memories! nice post.

    your newest follower,
    beth x

    http://ramzandtheflock.blogspot.com/

    p.s I absolutely love love love your blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh...how cute is your new layout!!! I love Marie..that is her name right?
    These are books I've also been wanting to read, once my degree is finished :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Added Room to my list. I can't get into Thanks for the Memories!! I've picked it up loads and just found it boring but I really don't know why because I do love her. I'm going to pick it up tonight and force myself to get into it I think!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Katey :) yep it's Marie! Yeah I finished a week ago now and couldn't wait to order these books - will make a change from reading boring academic ones eh! xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got thanks for the memories but have never read it, let us know if its any good and worth a read!!
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute is your blog now?? I love it! I go through phases of reading books, and now is one of my "book breaks" but I'll pop these on my to read list. xxx

    ReplyDelete