Nars Sheer Glow and I Fell Out... But Now We're Friends Again!

25 May 2011

Nars Sheer Glow and I Fell Out... But Now We're Friends Again!

Hello everyone! Hope you are all well.

You might remember that about a year ago I did a negative review on Nars Sheer Glow because there was so much hype surrounding the foundation, yet it didn't seem to work for me - it even broke me out in cystic spots, or at least I thought it did. You can view that review here.

Despite my negative review many moons ago, I felt compelled to try it again because so many people still seem to love it, and plus - it looked great on my skin, so it was such a shame to have to write it off. I couldn't help but wonder if it was just my skin playing up at the time last year and not actually the foundations fault, so I finally bit the bullet and got a sample pot of it to try out.



I used the sample for three days in a row with no problems, and I was totally loving it. It was such a relief to see that it didn't break me out, and it looked so nice on the skin. In my opinion, it has the perfect coverage - it isn't too heavy and it isn't too light - I guess you could call it medium coverage! I also find that this foundation gets better throughout the day. It is fairly matte at first, but throughout the day I find it looking more luminous - but certainly not shiny!

It's safe to say that there has been a 360 degree change in my thoughts on this foundation. I'm so glad I decided to take another chance on it!

For reference, my shade is Deauville (Light 4). I apply it with my fingers or my beauty blender sponge. I ordered it for £29.50 from John Lewis.

Lydia xox

6 comments:

  1. i love sheer glow! definitely my favourite of everything i've tried. which is... a lot, boo! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried it as I don't think it'd be enough coverage for me :/ when my skin improves I'll def. be getting a sample of it though :}

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Charlotte - oh you'd be surprised at the coverage I think, I don't really use concealer with it but I have some spot scarring that it covers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wanna try this foundation!~I've heard good things about it, just hope it doesn't break me out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might have to break out my Nars Sheer glow again - mine's a bit too yellowy which is the only problem I have with it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to love this foundation (and the Sheer Matte) but I just can't get a decent shade. I've heard Ceylan is an alternate to Deauville so might give that a go but in the meantime it's Studio Fix Fluid for me! Glad you're getting on well with it though. xxx

    ReplyDelete