My Hair Care Routine

21 May 2011

My Hair Care Routine

Hello everyone! I am very excited to report that I have officially finished university - for ever! I had two big deadlines yesterday, and now that all my work is handed in I am free. It is a very bittersweet feeling... but on the plus side, at least I have a lot of free time on my hands now to get some blogging done eh?!

Today I thought I'd do my hair care routine post, because although I do love make-up I think my biggest passion lies with hair. The only thing is is that these non-flash photos I took this morning looked very sharp and clear on my camera, but once I had uploaded them to the computer they were a bit blurred - sorry about that guys!

Anyway, here is a run down of the products I have been using for quite some time now...


1. James Brown Scandalous Volumising Shampoo and Volumising Conditioner
I use these every time I wash my hair, which is every other day. I used to use the moisturising version of these two but I felt they weighed my hair down so I swtiched to these. They are a lot lighter and work well for the new wavy haired look I've been sporting a lot recently :-)


2. Unite Weekender Clarifying Shampoo and Kerastase Reflection Chroma Riche Treatment Masque
I use these two together once a week - usually at the weekend - to really deep clean my hair and inject some moisture back in to my tired locks. Love these two and they are ideal to use together as a weekly treatment to fight product build-up and treat my hair to some hydration. I would recommend both of these very highly!


3. Kerastase Nectar Theremique and Moroccan Oil
These are two leave-in treatments that I interchange from day to day. I use them both (not at the same time of course!) on damp hair, and they both leave my hair so incredibly silky smooth. I also use the tiniest amount of Moroccan Oil on my freshly dried/straightened hair to make it a bit more sleek and to smooth down flyaways. Would be totally lost without either of these two - particularly Moroccan Oil! Moroccan Oil is a FAB investment :-)


4. Denman Combs and Aveda Brush
These are pretty self-explanatory really, I use the combs to detangle damp hair and to create my parting. I then use the Aveda brush when drying my hair/on dried hair. Not a lot to say about these except that the Aveda hairbrush is a great investment and that I cannot stress enough how important it is to use combs on wet hair not brushes! I lose a LOT more hair when I use a brush instead of combs.


Finally, the hair style I have been sporting a lot recently. I create this using my Babyliss Waving Wand which I simply LOVE! Must do a review soon. When my hair isn't wavy I just use my trusty GHD's to iron some natural kinks out and fight the frizz a little. Pretty basic and nothing too fancy, sorry!


Hope you enjoyed this,

Lydia xox

5 comments:

  1. I've never tried any kerastase before but always hear such good things- really need to try it out!

    And huge congrats on finishing Uni!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo well done on finishing Uni! You look gorge in your photo :)

    Ive been wanting to try out most of the things you've mentioned. You just reminded me xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks so pretty. I can't get my curls to look that nice with my waving wand - maybe I haven't played around with it enough.
    I'm a big fan of the chroma riche and nectar thermique as well.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks lovely :}
    I can't wait to try Kerastase Nectar Theremique! I love love love Moroccan Oil, it's the only product I've found to de-frizz my wild hair!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are some pretty good products! Scandalous volumising shampoo/conditioner.. that totally sounds like something I'd love lol :P I love big hair and just can't help it :P I heard Bio oil is pretty good for skin/hair as well? xxx

    ReplyDelete