May 2011 Favourites

31 May 2011

May 2011 Favourites

Hello everyone! Hope you all had a fantastic bank holiday weekend. I spent it painting my bedroom :-)

May was a very busy month for me, what with finishing university and all the work that went with it, so it was quite hard for me to choose any favourites as I haven't really used much! But I managed to scramble five together, and they are probably my most used of the month.


1. Jergens Natural Glow Gradual Tanner
I bought 3 tubes of this stuff in America last summer to bring home with me, as it is the BEST gradual tanner I've ever used! This is my last tube and I'm very sad to be running out of it :( it is never streaky and the colour is very subtle and and natural. The smell isn't too bad either - definitely not that strong compared to others! Unfortunately this stuff isn't available in the UK.

2. Chanel Mat Lumiere
I've been wearing this a lot in May as it is fairly full coverage, which means no need for concealer, which means a faster make-up application in the morning! I've been applying this with a damp beauty blender sponge, dotting it over my face and then blending it with my sponge. LOVEEEE!

3. Essie 'Secret Affair' Nail Polish
Finally, a pale nail polish that I can apply with it looking like a terrible mess! This applies evenly and is quite fool-proof. It is a gorgeous pale, milky pink that has shimmer.

4. Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick in 'Chance'
I bought this as a little "yay my degree is finished!" present to myself. It's so beautiful on the lips. In the tube it looks hot pink but on the lips it is a beautiful, muted pink that is shiny. Much like a lip balm, but with a bit more pigmented colour. This is going to be a summer staple for sure!

5. Nars Lagune Bronzer
This is basically the only bronzer in my collection that ever gets used these days. As I'm feeling quite excited for summer now, my bronzer has been getting used every day to help make me look a little less pasty! Love Laguna - think it suits most people.


What are your May favourites? Looking forward to seeing everyone else's posts and videos!

Lydia xox

9 comments:

  1. I've been loving my chanel vitalumiere aqua.. Really lovely for the summer time.. I have the Mat Lumiere and it's nice.. But I feel that the Aqua is just better for me coz it stays put all day long and it's light-weight with good coverage..

    Also been loving my Dior Sunset bronzer which I raved about on twitter and my blow.. Amazing bronzer! Really creamy and blends so beautifully..

    For lips I'm liking my clinique chubby lip balm stick in cherry.. Great pigmentation with great moisturization (will be reviewing it soon)

    Wow I wrote too much Sorry u asked? hehe =P

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha of course not, I love hearing about other peoples favourites! Will check out the Dior Sunset bronzer for sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that essie polish looks so lovely. i always struggle with light coloured ones too, might have to check this one out though eeek. i did my faves the other day on my blog :) mainly consists of mac cream colour base in pearl! loving it lately xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Jergen's moisturizer is my favorite, too! I've been using it like nonstop since it's gotten warmer outside. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, that Jergens body glow sounds like such a great product! It sucks that it's not available in the UK. Chanel Chance lipstick looks like such a pretty colour :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love pink lipsticks, this sounds gorg! and yay for the polish, I must be the worst nail painter ever!

    beth x
    http://ramzandtheflock.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard good reviews on the Nars Laguana, think i need to make a purchase ;).

    Sadie x

    www.brandnewbutterflywings.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can send you more Jergens! I'll pick some up next time I'm out and let you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want it all!! Especially the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick - gorgeous colour!
    xx

    ReplyDelete