February Favourites

4 March 2011

February Favourites

Hello everyone! Bit of a late night post from me. I am definitely a night owl, so much more productive at night :-) and that's how I like it!

I haven't done a favourites post in a long time so I thought I would re-join that bandwagon. As always, I have picked my top 5 products of the month.



1. YSL Parisienne Eau de Parfum - I had this for Christmas (2009) and was a bit underwhelmed if I'm honest. I didn't find the staying power too great so I wore it on and off and then just retired it to the rest of my perfume stash. Flash foward January 2011 and I received a sample of this perfume and just totally fell in love with it so I whipped it out of my stash and have been using it very often ever since. This is a lovely scent - a bit like parma violets - and although it doesn't linger for too long it is PERFECT for spring. Just the right kind of 'heaviness' you'd like in a spring/summer perfume. Looovely.

2. Nails Inc 'Jermyn Steeet' Nail Polish - this polish was a freebie in a magazine quite a few months ago and it is possibly the best freebie I've ever had from a mag! Although Jermyn Street is similar to the many muddy grey polishes in my collection it just stands out. Its very creamy and applies like a dream. Plus, it is so neutral that is just goes with any and every outfit. I love it. I also find that Nails Inc have the longest staying power out of all the brands I use.

3. MAC 'Florabundance' Lipglass - well, as the blog name points out, you should already know how much of a fan I am of this lipglass from MAC. It is a wonderful peachy nude that just looks perfect for most every day looks. This is the only lipgloss I keep on my dressing table and as a result it has been well used for the month of February :)

4. Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation - not much to say except that I LOVE this foundation so much! I have been using it most days since January and it hasn't let me down yet. It applies like a dream and I think this is down to its cream formula. Perfect coverage without feeling too heavy. I urge you all to try this out! :-)

5. Maybelline Vollume Express One by One Mascara - have been wearing this mascara all month long. At first I found the large wand hard to use but now I have realised all I need is one or two simple coats and it leaves my lashes looking lengthened all day long. It is so quick and easy to use! Love this for when I am in a rush!


So there we have it. What are your monthly favourites?

Lydia xox

9 comments:

  1. Great post! I'm really curious about the Laura Mercier foundation! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great favourites, I love parisienne too and I'm eager to try that new maybelline mascara but I'd just got a new mascara when they brought that out and I'm trying to be good! It's nice to know it's worth a try though. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been interesting in Maybelline One by One just because of the cool red tube but I'm not sure it would work on my sparse lashes. Great favorites! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so upset to lose my florabundance lip gloss! Really need to re-purchase! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i remember buying the magazine the polish came free with and i stupidly bought the one with this hideous granny-like crimson colour! regret not getting this one, it looks lush! great post xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to try that foundation for a while now, but just haven't got around to it! So many people seem to love it :)
    Would you consider posting a full review of it?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Alex - yes definitely I will post a review soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. MAC, definately. They are the Best at practically everything, especially colour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure about my faves for this month, but I'd really like to try that YSL!

    ReplyDelete