Dior Skin Forever Foundation Review

31 March 2011

Dior Skin Forever Foundation Review

Hello everyone and a special hello to my new followers! I have noticed the numbers slowly creeping up all week, so thank you :-)

I have been itching to review this foundation since I very first tried it (I loved it straight away) but wanted to make sure I had tested it enough before doing so. So I stuck it out and waited two weeks. So yes, I bought this foundation two weeks ago, have used it every day since and I totally love it.



I would describe it as having a medium coverage with a matte finish, which is great for my combination oily skin. I love that I can wear this foundation on its own - there is totally no need to set it with powder. I have noticed that it is somewhat luminous and makes you look glowy from within, but it's definitely a matte foundation at the same time and it controls my oily t-zone. I have also found it to be one of the longest lasting foundations I've ever tried - lasting a good 10 hours yesterday when I attended my university's Varsity event in Cardiff (the next city to ours).

My desired way to apply this is with either my MAC or Benefit foundation brush. I'm not usually fond of foundation brush application, however this is the first foundation I have noticed that blends seamlessly with a foundation brush. Amazing! The foundation itself has a very light consistency but surprisingly dries with a generous medium coverage. It covers my blemishes well too so I don't often find the need to use concealer.

And finally, one of my favourite things about this foundation? It smells wonderful and fresh!


A photo of me wearing the foundation :-) ah I love it. Oh and I got matched as shade 020 (not sure of the exact name sorry, only the number!)

So if you are on the lookout for a new, long-lasting foundation I'd definitely recommend trying this out. I knew as soon as the Dior MUA applied it to my skin that I wanted to buy it. It felt lovely and made my skin look healthy. So I advise you to have it tried on you at a counter :-)

Lydia xox

6 comments:

  1. See now I have read that I want to get this again- I think it looks amazing on you hon!
    And I remember really liking it, but had the palest shade- sooo wrong for me!

    Thanks for this review, was great x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so fresh-faced! I always struggle to find a good long-lasting concealer for long days at work but this sounds really good. Will definitely be having a nosey at the Dior counter this weekend :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not heard much about this foundation before. It looks beautiful on your skin! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same , its soooo great, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a sample of this and I really liked it.. But heard that it oxidizes like crazy! So I turned the other way :S

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has never oxidized on me :)

    ReplyDelete