Origins GinZing Review

4 February 2011

Origins GinZing Review

Hello everyone and happy Friday! TGIF, right?!

Today I am reviewing Origins GinZing - probably the first eye cream I have ever liked. I've been using this since September, so it's safe to say it's well tested :)


Origins say it is a refreshing eye cream to brighten and depuff - which is exactly what it does and why I love it. I can dab this onto my eye area and happily wander around make-up free. I don't go make-up free outside very often, but when I do I feel confident enough to do so - knowing that my eye area isn't so dark and sunk in - thanks to GinZing!

The ingredients include caffeine and panax ginseng (hence it's name!) so it's no wonder this little product does what it says on the tin. It's like coffee for your skin - it definitely wakes my eye area up!

As you can see above, the cream is a salmon pink colour. This photo was taken without the flash and as you can see - it is still quite light-reflective. I think this is because the cream itself has tiny freckles of sparkles in - which helps with the brightening properties. It isn't noticeable when applied, but I can see it on my fingertip before I dab it on.

Price: £20 for 15ml - which sounds a lot of money for the amount you're getting, but seriously this pot will last forever. The above photo shows just how much I've used since September. It's hardly anything. That's the great thing about Origins products, I've found - a little goes a long way, and so the pricey products seem a lot more worth the price tag when you think of how long they will last.

Why I like it: The product actually does what it claims too. I don't feel like I need to wear concealer when I'm wearing this - it does a great job of hiding my dark circles. It also sinks in quickly, so no greasy eye area. It is also going to last me a lifetime - so I feel like £20 was well spent.

What I don't like about it: When travelling, the cream splodges all about in the pot and sticks to the top of the tub. A bit of a messy pain, but hey I can live with that.

Would I repurchase? Definitely - although I doubt I will need to for a very long time!


If you are looking for an eye-brightening eye cream, I would say go for this. Or atleast ask for a sample - Origins are very generous about giving samples out.

Lydia xox

3 comments:

  1. I really want to try this as I keep hearing really good things :)
    great review!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanting to try this after reading so many good reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it's always hard to tell if an eye cream truly works. I'm currently using Burt's Bees Radiance Eye Cream and I'm not even sure if I can see some radiance LOL.

    Great review, the packaging makes me want to buy it!

    ReplyDelete