Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Mini Review and FOTD

10 February 2011

Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Mini Review and FOTD

Hello! This is a little face of the day post with some photos I took yesterday. So technically it is face of the.. yesterday, but hey I can pretend.

I mainly wanted to do this post because I realised how much I liked Double Wear Light and wanted to big it up a little - you always hear of peoples love for Double Wear but never its sister foundation Double Wear Light.

I use a sample pot of Double Wear and hated it - a heavy foundation that felt heavy. I like heavy foundations such as MAC Studio Fix Fluid so I was surprised to not like DL. However, it just felt too cakey and blergh. Not for me at all.

So I picked up Double Wear Light a few months back in a blog sale and I am very happy with it. I don't wear it religiously, and wouldn't necessarily say I plan to repurchase, but I do enjoy wearing it from time to time.

The foundation is lightweight on the skin but has pretty good coverage - I'd say medium? I didn't need to wear concealer with this so that says it all for coverage really.

I also didn't need to set it with powder and it lasted for about 5 hours on me before my forehead starting to get shiny. That was quite impressive for me and gains it a massive thumbs up.

Anyway, this is only a mini review with my thoughts on it.. so now onto my face of the day:
Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Foundation in shade 001
MAC Mineralize Blusher in 'Gentle'
Bare Minerals Eyebrow Gel
Chanel Eyeshadow Quad in 'Kaska Beige' - all shadows were used
Maybelline Volume Express One by One mascara in Black
Lips - au naturel! Maybe a slick of vaseline?


So yes - all in all I like this foundation. It is nothing outstanding but I enjoy having it in my collection. As I said, it hasn't been groundbreaking so I probably won't repurchase. But would I recommend? Yes - I have nothing bad to say about it.

Lydia xox

2 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying this foundation too :) I can't make up my mind whether I'd repurchase it either though as I really want to try Chanel Vita Lumiere but is the most long lasting foundation I have ever tried! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh its a shame you thought DW was too heavy. DW Light was my first Estee Lauder foundation to buy! I love it and think I will pick this up again to take on holiday in March! =D x

    ReplyDelete