Lush Silky Underwear Review

24 January 2011

Lush Silky Underwear Review

Hello, hope Monday is treating everyone ok.

Today I'm going to review Lush's Silky Underwear. I picked this up just after Christmas, after hearing babyfashionalcoholic mention it in her Lush must haves video. Love her videos, I would recommend you all check her out :-)

This is yet another product review from me. I have noticed a lot of bloggers I follow, and a lot of bloggers who follow me, have strayed away from make-up posts recently. For me, this blog is still all about the make-up. I still enjoy and love make-up, I still get excited about it and my blog is of course a reflection of that. I hope you all still enjoy reading these posts.



Lush says:

"Iconic dusting powder for a body like silk. Silky Underwear is a very special dusting powder that has captured the imagination of our customers. Grated cocoa butter melts onto the skin for a silky sensation and the powder makes sure your body doesn't feel greasy."

Why I like it: That little paragraph totally sums up why I love this product. The cocoa butter ingredient is evident as soon as you twist the lock to pour some powder out. The scent hits you, and it smells gorgeous - a combination of cocoa butter and jasmine. As I pat it all over my skin, I feel moisturised but totally not greasy at all - because it's a powder, of course! This is so convenient for times when you are in a rush - you don't have to wait for your moisturiser to sink in, you are just good to go. Although I say that - most of the time I will use this dusting powder before bed. It just leaves me feeling so clean when I apply it after a bath, and then I wake up with skin so soft. I know you may be thinking - body powder? Isn't that like talc or baby powder - which only grannies and babies use?! Well yes.. I did have that ideology about dusting powders until I bought this. But honestly - this is NOTHING like talc/baby powder! It's a luxurious product and it's quite.... sexy! Having read many reviews before buying this, it would seem many men like this scent on their ladies! I can't say I have any first hand proof of this... yet! Haha. Also - many women claim that this dusting powder is fantastic for the summer months, apply to the areas you usually get sweaty and it will stop you getting so sticky, and adding a nice little scent too.

Price: £6.50 for 100g

Would I repurchase? Probably.. I enjoy using this, but it isn't a must-have for me. Not yet anyway.


Lydia xox

3 comments:

  1. this sounds lovely, i bet it smells ace too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a perfect product for me! I find putting on moisturiser and waiting for it to soak in such a tedious task, I'll need to invest in this and give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds awesome, I'll definitely pick this one up next time I'm at Lush :D

    ReplyDelete