Look Back at 2010

4 January 2011

Look Back at 2010

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great NYE and a great start to 2011. I have returned home today after spending New Years with my housemate in her hometown. It was great - bit of a pub crawl and nice to have different scenery.

I thought it would be nice to do a look back on 2010 post as my first post of the year. This is very picture heavy though so I do apologise. Some months had more going on than others, so again - I apologise!

This post is a lot more personal than what I would normally post. However, it's just a one off -something for me to look back on in the future.

2010 was a fantastic year, particularly because of things such as going to America alone for a summer. On the other hand, 2010 was sad because I lost my childhood pet who really was my best friend. Either way, I'm embracing 2011 with hope for more good times and less bad times :-)

January 2010:
Back to university, back to the grind. Lots of nights out were had after the exams. Here's a photo of me at the 'back to school disco'. Classy.


February:
Started to grow my hair out and fell in love with hair flowers. February was a very boring month - hardly any photos taken. I don't even have any February memories - shocking!


March 2010:
The second semester of my second year of uni was already ending. The beginning of March saw me spending a lot of time with my friends from home - here is a group shot from my friend Aimee's 21st.


March wasn't the happiest month. On my first day home of the Easter break, my cat Amy had to be put down. I don't think a day has passed where she hasn't crossed my mind. I had her since I was around 6 or 7, that's nearly two thirds of my life. She's so dearly missed.


March did bring one good thing though - it brought the most beautiful, loving kitten into our home. We couldn't cope not having a cat around the house, so we got a new furbaby. Here is a photo of my little Alfie :) he has grown tonnes now but he is still just as gorgeous and charming! My little man - he has definitely been one of the highlights of 2010 for me.


April:
Varsity is always the highlight of my student year. It's the varsity between Swansea university and Cardiff university, and it's always a great day out. Followed by a very drunken night out, of course! This year Swansea won the rugby so it was cheers all round :-)


May:
I seem to have taken very few photos in May. Must have been a quiet month, and I think I know why - dreaded exams!

When me and two of my housemates finished our exams we treated ourselves to giant fishbowl cocktails from TGI Friday's. Nom - look how yummy they look!


June:
The end of term looms. Lots of stuff happened in June. But to kick it off was our university's annual Summer Ball. Florence and The Machine headlined - it was fantastic to say the least.

Below - group shot before Summer Ball, all but one of my housemates are here :)


Summer:
June then saw me pack up my case and jet off to America for the summer. The most exciting and terrifying thing I've ever done.


I worked at a children's summer camp in Boston. Met some wonderful people and had a blast.
Here's a group shot of all the staff on our last day of camp :-) good memories.


Me and my friend Gina. One of the best camp friends I made - we bonded over beauty blogging and the YouTube beauty community - what a coincidence that was. Miss you Gina!


Summer also saw me take a couple of trips to New York. Being based in Boston meant it was only a 4 hour bus ride there - so why not make the most of it eh! I loved my time there. I could visit New York over and over, if I had the chance...


And to end my summer, I had a weeks vacation in the city of sin - VIVA LAS VEGAS!


It was the perfect end to a perfect summer.


September:
Back to university for my final year *tear*. Freshers fortnight madness - two weeks of non stop partying.

Here's me with two housemates - and two of my best friends EVER. If university will give you anything, it's friends for life.



October:
My auntie celebrated her 50th birthday. She was diagnosed with breast cancer at the start of summer, she is 100% fine now but at the time it was such a relief for me to see her on her birthday and see her looking so well. She even kept her hair as she used the cold cap - amazing.
Here is a group shot of my nearest and dearest :-) a big highlight of 2010 for me.


October was the month I became obsessed with Ebay. Here's my £4.99 bargain Topshop shoes. Love it.

And of course, October means Halloween!


November:
November was very quiet indeed. I had a tonne of assignments to do and that meant very little blogging/nights out/photo snapping!


December:
Ah, December.. the most wonderful month of the year.

Christmas tree went up on December 1st, looking all pretty :-)


The middle of December saw a crazy amount of snow.


It also saw our Winter Ball. Great night. Very sad it's our last one as students.


And finally - NYE. This photo was actually taken in Vegas in summer if you're wondering how I got so tanned haha! I just thought it was very NYE appropriate.


Et voila, that was my year in photos.

Hope it wasn't too long and boring for you all. I enjoyed making this post so that's all that matters eh!

Lydia xox

2 comments:

  1. nice summary of the last year :) so happy new year ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. just found your blog, great post.

    sad to hear about your kitty, the same just happened to me, had my cat since i was 8.
    the new little one looks gorgeous though,is there anything cuter than a kitten? i know what you mean about missing having a cat

    going to carry on reading some of your older posts now :)

    ReplyDelete