A Chanel FOTD

17 January 2011

A Chanel FOTD

Hello everyone! Today's make-up choices turned out to be mostly Chanel, so I thought I would blog about it :) Chanel is probably my favourite brand for make-up, maybe not of all time, but it's my favourite of the moment.

I bought Chanel Mat Lumiere recently and I LOVE it! I am wearing it in the photo below, so I've taken this opportunity to rave about it.

Mat Lumiere is possibly the best foundation I have ever used - this is primarily because I don't need to set it with powder. I hate setting foundation with powder, but because I have oily/combination skin it is often a must for me. Mat Lumiere manages to mattify my face, but at the same time I think it looks glowy. When I wear this I can see that my cheekbones look highlighted, in a subtle way. The skin doesn't look greasy, it looks fresh.


Sorry about the messy hair - it had been a busy day and the weather wasn't exactly glorious.


Products used:
  • Chanel Mat Lumiere in 20 Clair
  • MAC Mineral Blush in Gentle
  • Chanel Eyeshadow Quad in Mystic Eyes - the light brown (bottom right) and dark brown (top left) were both used, with the pink (top right) being used as an inner eye highlight.
  • Chanel Eye Kohl in Clair - used for lower waterline
  • MaxFactor Masterpiece Max Mascara in Black
  • Bare Minerals Brow Gel
  • Chanel Rouge Allure Lipstick in 04 Imagination

So as you can see, I am loving Chanel right now. What's your favourite Chanel product? I would love to know - it may end up on my ever-growing wish list!

Lydia xox

10 comments:

  1. i love your blusher! my favorite chanel product of all time is the lipshine in zanzibar - i totally recommend it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look gorgeous! your skin looks perfect! Im sure I saw you come into superdrug last week, I was on till in a world of my own, and thought I recognised you! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Hannah - was I with someone with long dark hair? if so that was me and my mum! I think it was Thursday x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesss! it was earlyish, about 10/11! I wanted you to come to the till so I could say hi! haha XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Hannah - Aww ha, I will look out for you next time I go in there! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look lovely. I love that lip colour..really suits you x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You skin looks so gorgeous and glowy!! I want this foundation now lol
    My fave Chanel product is that exact quad- it is the prettiest they have I think!!! : ) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Chanel make up and Mat Lumiere is the only foundation i've ever used, its fab. Like you i have combination skin and its such a pain to stop the shine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some great products used there! Loved to read this post! Gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,
    Just wanted to say I've just found your blog via CheekyBeauty, nice to see fellow Welsh bloggers!
    Love this FOTD too, I'm a big fan of Chanel xx

    ReplyDelete