Belated Christmas Presents Post!

6 January 2011

Belated Christmas Presents Post!

Hello all, hope you are well. I am currently battling with the flu - and so I am writing this post from the comfort of my own bed :)

I've been meaning to do a post on what I got for Christmas, in fact I even took these photos before NYE - I just never got around to posting it before I went away! I love reading these posts or watching videos on it after Christmas, so I thought I'd still post it anyway - it's just a little belated :)

Just to point out - I'm not posting ALL my presents because it would be ridiculous to show the all the pyjamas, underwear, socks, books, dvds etc I got. I'm sure it'd be boring - and a bit weird (showing off my pjs and underwear!). So this is just my standout presents, and the things I think you'd all like to see.

So here we go!

Michael Kors Rose Gold Chronographic Watch:


This wasn't gifted to me by anyone - I asked most family members to give me money as a present so that I could put it towards this watch in particular. I was originally planning on getting yellow gold but it was sold out - so I went for the rose gold instead. It's equally as pretty and I'm totally in love with it! My favourite Christmas present by far, even if it wasn't technically a present :P



I got it at House of Fraser for £199, they even took the links out for free for me so I have been proudly wearing it ever since I bought it. LOVE!


Vivienne Westwood Naughty Alice Perfume (eau de parfum 50ml):


My auntie bought me this perfume - she had asked me what I wanted before Christmas and I mentioned a couple I liked and hadn't bought. I'm so glad she picked Naughty Alice - it is gorgeous, I've worn it most days since Christmas day. It's a hard scent to describe - it's not very girly at all, and quite heavy. I never used to be one for girly scents - I always wore heavy ones like Chanel Chance, and this is sort of similar in that sense. Go have a sniff of it if you get the chance :)

Juicy Couture - Viva La Juicy


Viva La Juicy was a gift from my mum, and something I picked out myself when shopping with her before Christmas. I'd never tried it before and wanted something new - loved this at first sniff and had to have it! I've been a lot more adventurous with perfume these days. Before I'd only ever wear Chanel Chance or Chanel Coco Mademoiselle. It's nice to branch out a little :)


Origins VitaZing and Origins Starting Over Moisturiser:



My auntie bought me the Starting Over moisturiser, again after I had suggested it to her as a present idea. It has been on my wishlist for quite some time, and I am loving Origins so much at the moment. This is my day moisturiser for under foundation, and my night foundation too. It's very light (oil free) but still does the trick of making my skin feel hydrated. I think this was around £34 from Debenhams.

After Christmas I purchased the VitaZing moisturiser. Wow - this stuff is AMAZING! This evens skin tone out like no other, and I wear this on days where I want a more natural look - I just pop this on and there is no need for foundation. Bit of a miracle product for me. This costs £25 at Origins counters.

Laura Mercier Oil Free Primer and Silk Creme Foundation:


I had been intending to try these for quite some time - I had read countless reviews and this seemed like a great foundation for me. Silky and creamy - but oil free. Meaning a dewy finish but no grease. I picked these both up at a Laura Mercier counter after Christmas, again with my Christmas money. So far, so good - love them both.

MAC Blush in 'Sunbasque'

Nothing really to say here - nothing at MAC appealed to me so just picked up a new blush. Thought this would be perfect for spring and summer, with a tan.


Lots of Lush stuff:


Some bought by my mum, some bought by me. As you probably know I'm a huge Lush fan. Have nothing new to say here really :)


Large Yankee Candle Jar in 'Sparkling Snow':


My auntie picked this out for me - good gosh it's huge too! I usually buy the medium sized tumblers, as the jars are way overpriced - a medium tumbler has twice as much product as a small jar, but they're almost identical in price. But anyway, I was extremely happy to receive this on Christmas morning! I have been using it most evenings and it hasn't even made a dent in it - this will last me until next Christmas hehe.

So that is my Christmas presents post - I don't like to call it a haul, as that's not what it is really.

Hope you enjoyed this,

Lydia xox

p.s. all photos taken with my new, shiny Panasonic Lumix TZ8 camera. LOVE IT! My camera broke on Christmas day so I had to get the Panasonic Lumix out of my Christmas money - an unexpected purchase but I am thrilled with it. xox

12 comments:

  1. Lovely gifts! Your auntie is a sweetheart! I have heard so many rave reviews about the Vitazing..think I have to get it ;) Love the rose gold watch on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. like pink colors of your blog
    i started to follow you
    it will be great if you follow me TOO
    <33

    much love
    http://polinamuse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh you've got some great presents! And I LOVE the Michael Kors watch. Really want one!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also received lots of LUSH stuff for Christmas (my first LUSH products, actually).

    I wish I could try those Yankee Candles, but they aren,t available here in Quebec and the shipping fees are $30!!! Crazy, right?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice gifts :)

    Greetings from designstr8style


    www.designstr8style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, such a nice blog you have here!

    please visit

    fuckthatfashionartblogspot.com

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely post! I hope you'll visit my blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that watch, especially in rose gold, I spotted it on Net-A-Porter a while ago, saved up for it and then it was sold out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Salony - I got mine from House of Fraser, so it may be worth looking on their website. I know ASOS used to sell it too - not sure if it's still on there but still worth a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh you got some great things!
    I have naughty alice too, I wear it on nights out and it totally stands out. It's not as strong as Vivienne Westwood Boudoir which is great because that one over powers.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely things. I love the JC perfume X

    ReplyDelete
  12. May I simply say what a relief to find an individual who really
    understands what they are talking about online. You definitely understand how to bring
    a problem to light and make it important. More and more people ought to read this and understand
    this side of your story. I was surprised that you aren't more popular since you surely possess the gift.
    Here is my blog :: Danielle FTV

    ReplyDelete