Lazy Hair!

19 October 2010

Lazy Hair!

Hi everyone! Thought I would do a post on a new hair style I've been sporting recently. I was always one for straight hair with a little bit of messy volume, mainly because my hair is naturally straight but frizzy so creating waves or silky straight hair always meant I needed to use heat, and straightening it was the easiest option.

Now what I do is wash my hair, apply Chi Silk Infusion to limit the frizziness in my hair, then do two french plaits on each side of my hair.

Above: Me with the plaits in! I feel like a school girl with them in. Thank god noone really sees me in them - I only wear them to bed.

When I wake up in the morning my hair is normally still a little damp so I flick the hairdryer over my hair whilst scrunching the hair up to encourage more waves. Finally, I mist some 'Fat Hair' hairspray all over my hair and scrunch some more. This hairspray is light but fantastic at creating volume. Perfect for bouncy waves.


Below: the finished look! Truly effortless!

Excuse my funny face here.. I was messing around on Photobooth before my Tap class!

From the back.

From the front!


So if you fancy an extra 20 minutes sleep in the mornings I definitely recommend trying out the old sleeping in french plaits trick. What's even better is that this hairstyle lasts me three days instead of the usual 2 when I have straight hair. It's messy so it can never go wrong when you sleep on it etc. If anything - sleeping on it adds to the messiness and your waves last longer.


Love it!

Lydia xox

13 comments:

  1. The problem is i'm so lazy that i'd end up going to work in french plaits!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, I've always liked this hairstyle, but I can't french braid, let alone my own hair, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks really natural and lovely! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look! Very MK & Ashley Olsen, so so pretty! I wish I knew how to braid though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so cute Lydia! Looks gorgeous, do you do the plaits yourself? They're so perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous! so effortless and chic :)

    i just found your blog btw... its so lovely! you have a new follower :) <33

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks great , i expected it to look crimped but it looks chic

    ReplyDelete
  8. great blog

    follow my new one at:
    http://iblamefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. aaaw lovely! I used to do this to my hair all the time so simple for a great effect! Might have to start again :) I'm going to look through your archives now, where in Wales are you from? x

    ReplyDelete
  10. great idea, im gonna try this :)

    nice blog btw !

    xo http://sheshotta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete